Permanent load-shedding is needed for a year - Expert

OCP

Expert Member
What little is left of our fragile economy will not survive a few months of load-shedding; never mind a whole year!

The only option is for government to swallow their pride and let private renewable energy companies feed back into the grid.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Private will never work for the government as private will not allow free electricity. The goverment need the money from the paying customers to support their voters with free electricity and also enrich themselves. They will never allow it.

Jchan11hk

What little is left of our fragile economy will not survive a few months of load-shedding; never mind a whole year!

The only option is for government to swallow their pride and let private renewable energy companies feed back into the grid.
Rather do Privatization or Private Public Partnership, that would be much easier

Reactions: OCP

OCP

Expert Member
Private will never work for the government as private will not allow free electricity. The goverment need the money from the paying customers to support their voters with free electricity and also enrich themselves. They will never allow it.

I fear you are right :-(

The ANC would rather destroy the economy then loose votes....

EADC

Executive Member
It's the cash cow that keeps on giving there is no will to stop the bleeding from our esteemed leaders

WireFree

I would tell you what we would do: I would actually go to South Africans and say honestly, we need to load-shed at least for the next eight months

When Eskom board members get an Electrical Engineering Degree and understand what is happening, then only can statements like this be "honest".

Sarg3_ZN

Expert Member
Those two don't understand the problem, they want to fix Eskom, the cadres at the trough only want to fill their snouts they have no interest in fixing Eskom all they care about is gouging more from the economy and the tax payer.

garyc

Expert Member
Considering Eskom's past performance, what are the chances that they will use this opportunity to actually fix anything?

hj007

What happens to you if you privately generate? Surely no one is going to report you?

blowdart18

Nope just a few signatures is needed allowing mines, municipalities and people to generate their own electricity.

Very true, I am waiting for Tshwane to decide on their SSEG policy.
At the moment my panels are looking at the sun doing nothing when the load is small and the batteries are full.

I could be giving Tshwane 7 - 10kw per day, multiply this by the number of households already doing it.

Proposed residential SSEG tariffs:
 Fixed charge: A charge of around R150 per month is shown to adequately protect revenue
 Energy charge: SSEG customers should remain on normal IBT energy charges (which average around R1.50/kWh for mid-income users)
 Feed-in tariff: A value of 83c/kWh together with the above fixed charge will adequately protect revenue (this value is based on the Cost of Supply Study average avoided Eskom costs per kWh)

Attachments

• resource_431.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 1

wingnut771

Honorary Master
At the moment my panels are looking at the sun doing nothing when the load is small and the batteries are full.

I could be giving Tshwane 7 - 10kw per day, multiply this by the number of households already doing it.

 Fixed charge: A charge of around R150 per month is shown to adequately protect revenue
 Energy charge: SSEG customers should remain on normal IBT energy charges (which average around R1.50/kWh for mid-income users)
 Feed-in tariff: A value of 83c/kWh together with the above fixed charge will adequately protect revenue (this value is based on the Cost of Supply Study average avoided Eskom costs per kWh)
this wouldn't solve the "wet coal" problem, but yeah, also crying for municipality to let us on the grid to offset crazy prices when the sun does shine.

wingnut771

Honorary Master

how many kw's are you producing today?
edit: just saw the news and i see the sun is shining again on centurion hotel.

Last edited: