Personal finance software like microsoft money

Snoopd123

Hi,
Does anyone know of similar software like MS money, but more user friendly for South Africa? One that can track investment returns over time and can import transactions directly from financial institutions?

Thanks

Pegasus

Expert Member
I still use MS money. Started using it in the 90's.

Haven't found anything better.

Snoopd123

I still use MS money. Started using it in the 90's.

Haven't found anything better.
How do you get all your data into ms money? Manually or have you found a clever way to update prices etc. For investments?

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Just realised I have 20 years of account history in MS Money this year... Wonder how long I'll still be able to go.

gregmcc

Honorary Master
Also still use MS Money and manually import transactions. Spent weeks trying almost every product on the market and went back to MS Money again. Nothing comes close.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
How do you get your data into ms money? Manual or do have an automated way?
Depends on the account, some automated, some manual.

Manual I usually do once a week watching TV, only takes about 30min.

Shaun108

Executive Member
Thanks. That works when you have data in ofx format. Not all financial institutions have that option. Is there an easier way instead of manually inputting the data?
I usually request financials in ofx or csv format and import.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
https://www.thurrott.com/cloud/microsoft-365/236442/money-in-excel-is-now-available

The Money in Excel feature that Microsoft announced in March is now available to Microsoft 365 Personal and Family subscribers in the U.S. only.

“Today, with the launch of Money in Excel, we’re embarking on a journey to simplify your day-to-day money decisions to help you stay on track of your longer-term financial goals,” Microsoft’s Arjun Tomar writes. “Managing personal finances can be a daunting prospect for most people, but having the right tools can help make it less challenging [and] we want to help make managing your personal budget in Excel a more seamless experience.”

Money in Excel is implemented as an Excel add-in that uses the Plaid service to securely connect your bank, credit card, investment, and loan accounts to Excel and automatically import your transaction and account information into an Excel spreadsheet.