PFsense, PFblockerNG and DSTV Now and Showmax

LawrenceK

Hi Guys

Right, so I have pfsense running, with pfblockerng. And yup, dstv now app and showmax on my tv are both not working when pfblockerng is enabled.

I have whitelisted the dstv.com and showmax.com domains but that doesn't seem to work either, and frankly I didn't really expect that it would, but it was worth a shot right ? Lol

So My question is, what other domains should I add to the whitelist to get these 2 apps to work again ?

irBosOtter

Expert Member
Hi Guys

Right, so I have pfsense running, with pfblockerng. And yup, dstv now app and showmax on my tv are both not working when pfblockerng is enabled.

I have whitelisted the dstv.com and showmax.com domains but that doesn't seem to work either, and frankly I didn't really expect that it would, but it was worth a shot right ? Lol

So My question is, what other domains should I add to the whitelist to get these 2 apps to work again ?

Can't you see in the logs what DNS queries are being blocked, and add them to the allowed list?

LawrenceK

Yep, sorted DSTV Now (Or so it seems), but Showmax doesn't work if you're using VPN (Which I am and should have mentioned in the original post.....So I guess they can keep their service Lol