Pi Cryptocurrency

redspark

Expert Member
Howzat all,

Got a call from a mate to sign-up for Pi (www.minepi.com). Now, I am complete noob on cryptocurrencies.

Pi is cost-free, new cryptocurrency and it appears that I have nothing to lose but earn some digital currently, which I could use in the future :unsure:

Is this thing real? Must I jump in with both feet?

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Howzat all,

Got a call from a mate to sign-up for Pi (www.minepi.com). Now, I am complete noob on cryptocurrencies.

Pi is cost-free, new cryptocurrency and it appears that I have nothing to lose but earn some digital currently, which I could use in the future :unsure:

Is this thing real? Must I jump in with both feet?
Lol where would you be able to use it?

JohnStarr

Executive Member
Might be worth a go for a short while, but it has no value at the moment. As in ZERO value...no coins in circulation it seems.
And if it uses mobile you need to consider what you have might not last long (tablet/cell phone) if it ramps up its performance.

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
Might be worth a go for a short while, but it has no value at the moment. As in ZERO value...no coins in circulation it seems.
And if it uses mobile you need to consider what you have might not last long (tablet/cell phone) if it ramps up its performance.
You log in every 24hrs and basically confirm that the people in your circle are trustworthy. That's it. The goal is to build a circle of trust. There's no resource usage of your phone.

JohnStarr

Executive Member
You log in every 24hrs and basically confirm that the people in your circle are trustworthy. That's it. The goal is to build a circle of trust. There's no resource usage of your phone.
OK then...so what's the point in the coin then? Logging in to make sure others are and earn a few...

w1z4rd

Karmic Sangoma
It requires a referral code to join?

NVM, got one, you can use mine if you wanna mine.

Referral code : randompiza

I dont know about going all in on this, Im just doing it for the lolz

Everyones-a-Wally

Honorary Master
It requires a referral code to join?

NVM, got one, you can use mine if you wanna mine.

Referral code : randompiza

I dont know about going all in on this, Im just doing it for the lolz
Just like MTI :p

newklear

Expert Member
0.12 π/hr
Does everyone mine at the same rate ?

Okay I see there are levels now, Pioneer - Contributor - Ambassador - Node

saor

Honorary Master
You log in every 24hrs and basically confirm that the people in your circle are trustworthy. That's it. The goal is to build a circle of trust.
No, mine is higher because I have more people in my circle
Seems like the 'trust validation' thing is kinda silly. You've got no incentive to be selective about who you trust, in fact you're almost incentivized to trust as many people as possible. Trust becomes almost meaningless at that point.

copacetic

King of the Hippies
I'm using it because why not. No harm in it, and I press a button every 24 hours. If it takes off, I will pay more attention to it.

Not remotely saying it's anything like BTC, but man do I wish I had mined some of those in the beginning...

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
Seems like the 'trust validation' thing is kinda silly. You've got no incentive to be selective about who you trust, in fact you're almost incentivized to trust as many people as possible. Trust becomes almost meaningless at that point.
Beyond 5 people in your circle, your mining rate no longer increases