Plan to oust Mbeki

I still think Motlanthe will be president, when it all settles down after the conference.

He has worked so hard in keeping the house together under the circumstances. Its the leadership the ANC will need moving forward.

And what did you guys think of Lekota's comments regarding Zuma asked to be fired, read and approved Mbeki's speech on that day as well?

I hope that there is evidence from Mbeki's or Zuma's side suggesting what really happened. Else, its just gonna be one word versus the other.
 
It's a bit sad that there is no viable opposition for the ANC. I've been thinking. Which political party would a black man like myself be most at home voting for? I can't think of anyone.:confused:

I thik it's time we seriously started thinking of alternatives to the ANC. And the DA simply doesn't cut it, so don't even go there.
 
It's a bit sad that there is no viable opposition for the ANC. I've been thinking. Which political party would a black man like myself be most at home voting for? I can't think of anyone.:confused:

I thik it's time we seriously started thinking of alternatives to the ANC. And the DA simply doesn't cut it, so don't even go there.

Unfortunately if u start another party and the ANC sees that it's growing, they will shut u up. When Holomisa started UDM, there were all these expectations, but I think the ANC gave him R100 Million and told him to shut the f... up. they just hate competition.
 
When Holomisa started UDM, there were all these expectations, but I think the ANC gave him R100 Million and told him to shut the f... up. they just hate competition.

I doubt I would have voted for Holomisa for anything other than to dilute government. He never strike me as fit to govern. But, I enjoyed his humor!
 
Unfortunately if u start another party and the ANC sees that it's growing, they will shut u up. When Holomisa started UDM, there were all these expectations, but I think the ANC gave him R100 Million and told him to shut the f... up. they just hate competition.

If South Africa's ever been ready for an opposition party, it's right now. I don't think there'll ever be a more opportune time. Alot of people are really p!ssed off at the prospect of a Zuma presidency.
 
If South Africa's ever been ready for an opposition party, it's right now. I don't think there'll ever be a more opportune time. Alot of people are really p!ssed off at the prospect of a Zuma presidency.

What worries me about Zuma are his allies. Maybe he is smart and "using" them. I mean, he would have learned that from the best.:p

I suspect the ANC is aware that it would lose its cohesive strength should Zuma be president. I suspect, all he wants is to win against his former mentor who became his tormentor.
 
If South Africa's ever been ready for an opposition party, it's right now. I don't think there'll ever be a more opportune time. Alot of people are really p!ssed off at the prospect of a Zuma presidency.

Right on the money!!!
 
As the Business Day article stated, the fractured nature of the ANC along with the opposition parties would make this a very difficult motion to pass.
 
Speaking of opposition...IMHO what the ANC really needs (and the country as a matter of fact) is a strong opposition, imagine if all current opposition parties (DA, ID, IFP, FF, ACDP, etc) all merge to form one entity...sure lots of people will have to step down as party leaders and resolve their policy issues beforehand..but picture the power and influence they can wield...just a thought

/puts down blunt :p
 
With all this fierce rival between the Zuma and Mbeki camp, neither candidate will be good for the ANC going forward. I think there will be a compromise; Dlamini-Zuma or Motlanthe.

Were either of them nominated for ANC president?
 
Mbeki is to blame if Jacob Zuma becomes party president, he has been such a denialist (crime, AIDS, you name it) ******* that he just has to lose.
 
Last edited:
No they were not to my knowledge.

Ok. What are the odds that one of them is elected as president though? Especially if Zuma (her ex husband) becomes ANC president? (personally I'd hate to see Dlamini-Zuma in that position - simply by virtue of the Sarafina II and Virodene debacles. I also don't think she'd be the right woman for the job - we would need an exceptionally strong woman leader for the position.

Interesting times ahead ;)
 
Ok. What are the odds that one of them is elected as president though? Especially if Zuma (her ex husband) becomes ANC president? (personally I'd hate to see Dlamini-Zuma in that position - simply by virtue of the Sarafina II and Virodene debacles. I also don't think she'd be the right woman for the job - we would need an exceptionally strong woman leader for the position.

Interesting times ahead ;)

You right, its interesting times ahead. In fact, its interesting times now.

If Zuma steps down and if the ANC had to have a women leader, then it would be Dlamini-Zuma. Else, Motlanthe is the popular choice. Both have been working hard for the organization and they both enjoy neutral support from the members. What ever happens, I see both of them playing very important roles in ANC and SA.
 
Last edited:
Sorry if this has been asked before but what happens if Zuma get prosecuted in the latest charges?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X