Police have 'lost' 20 429 weapons

Just as a matter of interest, do you know what the FCA2000 registration system has cost the taxpayers from the R2 Billion that it was initially supposed to cost it has skyrocketed up to R57 Billion...... just thought i would share

R57 billion?!

Link?
 
They could just streamline the process and have counters where they hand them over to sketchy looking people. Anyone with a criminal record gets a free hand grenade thrown in! *

* Application forms for C4 available too

hey i'll take a few. in truth, the so called numbers are no where near accurate. more than that have been "lost". question is, why are they so busy hounding people who have legit licenses and preventing those from being renewed, instead of trying to find these "lost" weapons?

yeah more like sold. "hey dude, i need to rob like 6 houses in one day and kill a few, what would you recommend?"
"well you're in luck we just got a 9mm, or maybe you want a 32 walther ppk pistol."
 
I received an email from the Police last week, almost 2 years after applying for my firearms license. I must send them photos of my safe and interview the people I gave as references myself. What happened to them inspecting your weapon safe and making sure that you are trustworthy enough to own a gun? Next thing the will be asking us to send them a note every time we speed or park illegally.

I wonder how many guns were stolen or lost by member of the public during this time.

ur not the first one where the police have done this via mail, even when they "inspect" the safe they are more interested in the rest of the house. for example, we have a coffin at the front door. the police were more interested in who could get the coffin instead of the safe.
 
I received an email from the Police last week, almost 2 years after applying for my firearms license. I must send them photos of my safe and interview the people I gave as references myself. What happened to them inspecting your weapon safe and making sure that you are trustworthy enough to own a gun? Next thing the will be asking us to send them a note every time we speed or park illegally.

I wonder how many guns were stolen or lost by member of the public during this time.

This is a blessing in disguise! You know how often people get done right after having the cops come round to have their gun safes inspected? The thieves myseriously know that you have a firearm and even exactly where your safe is (hidden). I'd rather send 'em a photo any day over them coming round, checking the rest of what you own and then making notes to give to their mates of exactly what's what.
 
Don't disrespect all police...some get stolen at the actual station (ie one cop takes another firearm). You get good bloody cops so stop generalizing.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X