Votes: 2 5.6%
  • FNB Connect

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Other

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters

HeftyCrab

Expert Member
So with Vodacom's crap Black Friday service and now their handling of the data rollover charges Im looking for an alternative provider. Who are you happy with coverage and cost wise? Would like to narrow down my choices.

Adding a poll to this. Hope it comes out right.

ekske1

Executive Member
So with Vodacom's crap Black Friday service and now their handling of the data rollover charges Im looking for an alternative provider. Who are you happy with coverage and cost wise? Would like to narrow down my choices.

Adding a poll to this. Hope it comes out right.
The best alternative to Vodacom is Vodacom :p

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Results:
Telkom Mobile: 1
MTN: 2
Cell C: 1
Stick with Vodacom: 4 (me + 3 likes)

/thread

Reactions: OCP

OCP

Expert Member
Results:
Telkom Mobile: 1
MTN: 2
Cell C: 1
Stick with Vodacom: 4 (me + 3 likes)

/thread
Unfortunately you hit the nail on the head.

Vodacom might be crap but MTN is way worse.
CellC just doesn't compare and after fighting for months to get out of under the greedy clutches of Telkom there is no chance in hell I am giving another cent to them.

So ya.... stuck with vodascum we are ... For now

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I made the switch to FNB Connect and I must say I couldn't have been happier.

Firstly the Customer Service experience has been out of this world in comparison and just general access to services through the app and so on makes my life so much easier than dealing with Vodacom.

Network wise I'm not a big voice user so can't comment there on call drops etc but at the same time the primary reason I switched was that after years of promises Vodacom just didn't sort out the 2 bars and Edge connection I was getting at home.

Cell C/FNB works perfectly at both home and at work which is all that I really need.

Haven't travelled around the country again since switching so can't comment on it outside of the city centre.

FNB has sorted out the out-of-bundle shark by simply stopping your connection until you topup, unless you opt into it taking your airtime so that is a big plus.

They also sorted out the rollover thing with no drama at all.

cobusv

Never had an issue with MTN, and since they currently the best network you lot are just BIAS :p

hjst45

It's Legal to smoke at home, stay offline when you do
Am I missing something? I've used them for 3 years now since I ditched my Vodacom contract and I have not had any problems or found anyone else that offers better value for money.

Perhaps you're the one with clouded vision? :unsure: