Pool issue - baracuda making gargling noises and not cleaning

Sideshow Bob

Honorary Master
Joined
Oct 23, 2006
Messages
51,366
Reaction score
44,737
Location
egoli
So, I cleaned both the baskets, one at pool side and one at the pump side and baracuda making gargling noises. There is heat pump as well but considering temp is 29 degree right now, that seems fine.

I ran backwash for 20 seconds and then rinse for 10 seconds. Same thing happened 2 days before but after doing backwash, it sorted itself out. I can't be really backwash that fixed the issue then.

What could be wrong ?

Busy googling but often forumites give much better help. Thanks.
 
So, I cleaned both the baskets, one at pool side and one at the pump side and baracuda making gargling noises. There is heat pump as well but considering temp is 29 degree right now, that seems fine.

I ran backwash for 20 seconds and then rinse for 10 seconds. Same thing happened 2 days before but after doing backwash, it sorted itself out. I can't be really backwash that fixed the issue then.

What could be wrong ?

Busy googling but often forumites give much better help. Thanks.
Have you tried taking your dick out the diaphragm?
 
Sounds like an airlock somewhere. Faulty hose?
Fault on the pool side baracuda hose ? I will retry removing each part of hose and see. Thanks.

@UB40 - you are a star. What I did was to remove it from pool inlet side and dipped all hose side part in water to fill water, fitted it back and it started working.
 
There was a clog in the line when I had this problem. Also had to replace a faulty pump as well.
 
Check the hoses and also check for air leaks on pipe work. We had an air leak near the motor basket on the gasket - once tightened, the gargling went away.

If the motor basket section under the clear lid has air in the top section, you probably have air entering the system somewhere and you'll have to check all joints and pipes.

Edit: back washing remedied this excess air, but it returned fairly quickly...
 
Your sand in the sand filter might be old and clogging which prevents suction and filtration.

Is there any air coming out the return pipe which could equal a broken hose or even worse broken pipe.

Does the movement mechanism move freely as this could be stuck or worn.
 
Fault on the pool side baracuda hose ? I will retry removing each part of hose and see. Thanks.

@UB40 - you are a star. What I did was to remove it from pool inlet side and dipped all hose side part in water to fill water, fitted it back and it started working.

sometimes i remove the pipe and let it float in water

then cover the weird basket with my hand to build some pressure
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X