NicoPrinsloo

Hi,

Can you connect more than one appliance/db switch on a pool timer. We are buying a house were the pool has a salt chlorinator which also has a timer. It is the first time that I buy a house with a pool so not 100% sure how everything works yet. But you can set the chlorinator to start if the power is switched on.

So basically the chlorinator and pool both have timers?

Thanks

Shellyb1

Expert Member
I think that will defeat the purpose of a SC. Otherwise you would need to add other chemicals to the pool to get the chlorine levels up. When the pool runs, you want it to be cycling the chlorinated water into the pool to keep it salty and clean.

Why would you want to split it?

If you have two timers, they should be in sync to ensure the right levels of salt.

xodosman123

Expert Member
You are making no sense at all, Are you perhaps talking about the pool pump and the salt chlorination system? They must work in tandem.

touch_stone

Hi,

Can you connect more than one appliance/db switch on a pool timer. We are buying a house were the pool has a salt chlorinator which also has a timer. It is the first time that I buy a house with a pool so not 100% sure how everything works yet. But you can set the chlorinator to start if the power is switched on.

Thanks

The primary purpose of the timer is to allow the pump to switch on/off. Whenever the pump runs the chlorinator functions.

Remember the timer runs off a sub board from your main distribution board so it would be ill advised to add more functionality to the timer

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Hi,

Thanks

The water must circulate when the Chlorinator is on, so 2 timers make no sense at all, UNLESS, the idea was to have the Chlorinator on a shorter cycle than the pool pump? Makes no sense at all.

Look up the make of the Chlorinator and check its power consumption if you are concerned about both running on the single timer used by the pump. At the same time see, if there is a wiring diagram available for the product.

mister

Executive Member
Can you connect more than one appliance/db switch on a pool timer.

Yes. You can wire both the pump and chlorinator to the same timer, and this is what you should do because they need to run together.