Possible to fix this, or Beyond repair?

Jet-Fighter7700

Honorary Master
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
48,160
Reaction score
23,995
Location
Somewhere Different
So this executive office chair by me is Fsked up, one too many Rugby Dudes sat in it and destroyed it,

can it be repaired? asked around and they mention back shell replacement for R1900
seems excessive, but thought Id at least ask here, maybe somebody else has ideas?

genuine leather the upholstery and base seems good still. still tilts and adjusts properly.
gas lift seems to work. just unless you lean it against a wall you can still use it, although make sure you don't move forward otherwise the backrest is destroyed.




WhatsApp Image 2023-07-18 at 11.46.10 AM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2023-07-18 at 11.46.18 AM.jpeg
 
So this executive office chair by me is Fsked up, one too many Rugby Dudes sat in it and destroyed it,

can it be repaired? asked around and they mention back shell replacement for R1900
seems excessive, but thought Id at least ask here, maybe somebody else has ideas?

genuine leather the upholstery and base seems good still. still tilts and adjusts properly.
gas lift seems to work. just unless you lean it against a wall you can still use it, although make sure you don't move forward otherwise the backrest is destroyed.




View attachment 1558661View attachment 1558663
maak vas jou veters!
 
I fixed mine like this
I drilled a hole into each armrest
Put in those eyebolt thingies
Then used my ratchet strap
Perfect
I can lean back as hard as I want and it is super strong
I also used a spare foam for more back support
12 years old and good for another 12 yrs

WhatsApp Image 2023-07-18 at 13.03.26.jpegWhatsApp Image 2023-07-18 at 13.03.26 (4).jpeg


WhatsApp Image 2023-07-18 at 13.03.26 (3).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-07-18 at 13.03.26 (2).jpeg


WhatsApp Image 2023-07-18 at 13.03.25.jpeg
 
I dont know if that will work for me to be honest @Pineapple Smurf
armrests are a lot shorter, and dont have the space for that eyelet to thread through.

think what is best is taking off the base and using that maybe at home as a spare.
dont think its possible to fix it.

but at least I got a spare gaslift and a set of decent Wheels, so there is that I guess.
 
I dont know if that will work for me to be honest @Pineapple Smurf
armrests are a lot shorter, and dont have the space for that eyelet to thread through.

think what is best is taking off the base and using that maybe at home as a spare.
dont think its possible to fix it.

but at least I got a spare gaslift and a set of decent Wheels, so there is that I guess.
Looking at your photo again I can see it will work, easy
Company is gonna throw the chair away
By law it cannot stay like that in a workplace
Health & Safety
I do my course annually
Just tell them you will take it home for spares
:thumbsup:
 
Looking at your photo again I can see it will work, easy
Company is gonna throw the chair away
By law it cannot stay like that in a workplace
Health & Safety
I do my course annually
Just tell them you will take it home for spares
:thumbsup:
what parts should I get? what sort of eyelet and ratchet strap to go and try find? don't know hardware that well.
will give it a go, as this is a very expensive executive chair that is destroyed.

and I'm all for recycling if it becomes functional afterwards.
 
what parts should I get? what sort of eyelet and ratchet strap to go and try find? don't know hardware that well.
will give it a go, as this is a very expensive executive chair that is destroyed.

and I'm all for recycling if it becomes functional afterwards.
Get a cheap ratchet strap, nothing fancy and those eyebolt thingies, swivel thingies.
Hang ten
Lemme google

https://www.builders.co.za/Fastener...dware-M8-x-75mm-Eye-Bolt/p/000000000000029871 and this https://www.builders.co.za/Tools-an...ie-Down---Green-(4000mm)/p/000000000000582313
 
obviously will need to drill something into the armrests, what do you recommend there?
Ah yes I just used my cordless drill with a 13mm wood bit to drill the hole.
I had to wiggle it a little bit coz I think the hole size needed to be 14mm which I didnt own

/ping @WAslayer @SauRoNZA
What size drill bit for an M8 eyebolt?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X