Post Office website down for days

marhsava

I wonder where all my traffic fines and etolls are going, received nothing in the mail..

Drifter

Honorary Master
How? If you get sent a parcel from abroad, it has to go through JIMC.

saliehendricks

Unfortunately anything coming from ebay or aliexpress generally is far cheaper via std shipping and will sit at SAPO for weeks. Couriers are 1000% more expensive.

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
How? If you get sent a parcel from abroad, it has to go through JIMC.

Does it? I don't think couriers are affected by this. Obviously everything has to go through customs, but I don't see why it has to go through JIMC.

Drifter

Honorary Master
Why has this not made the mainstream media? It's a national outage FFS.

Drifter

Honorary Master
My daughter just collected a parcel from our local PO, and they were online. Unless they just capture the ID number of the recipient and send it through in a batch later.

Hectic

Executive Member
Also just received a package from China(9 weeks). Unfortunately not the Multimeter, which is what I was actually hoping for.

I phoned the Post Office to hear if there were any packages. Post delivery or notices aren't high on the agenda in our town.

Swa

Honorary Master
Well tracking has been down for years.

To gain the trust of local online retailers, however, the Post Office must provide a service which matches established courier services like DHL and FedEx.
If I want a courier I'll use an actual courier.

Swa

Honorary Master
Does it? I don't think couriers are affected by this. Obviously everything has to go through customs, but I don't see why it has to go through JIMC.
Ebay sellers don't use couriers and most refuse to use anything besides the post not believing that a national postal service can be non-functional.

My daughter just collected a parcel from our local PO, and they were online. Unless they just capture the ID number of the recipient and send it through in a batch later.
It's the website and not their systems. Their systems have been working on and off for years now but captured data generally has a delay anyway.

Drifter

Honorary Master
Well the SAPO Android app must feed from the website then, because that is also not returning results.

op365

Can honestly say that they don't care about customer service. Their operating hours is till 17h00, but have photographic evidence they close up (chains on door outside) at 16h45.
Sent email to Mark and posted on his Twitter account and no response... Sigh

Dan C

Honorary Master
Went to collect mail on Saturday.. and my PO box was 'locked'. Then remembered I never renewed it ... :p Anyhow tried to get into https://www.virtualpostoffice.co.za/ for days ... finally tonight it's up and running (and super fast if I may add).