Power just went off

thehuman

Expert Member
NMBM: At Kragga Kamma substation, T11, T12, T13 OCBs tripped affecting Framesby, Fernglen, Sunridge Park, Westering. Staff attending to restoration of supply, no timeframe.

KT-B

Honorary Master
They care for you more than they do us. Went off Sunday at 7pm and came on Monday at 8am. Then went off at 10am and came on 2 hrs later

Nick333

Honorary Master
They care for you more than they do us. Went off Sunday at 7pm and came on Monday at 8am. Then went off at 10am and came on 2 hrs later
Oh how they laughed about PE being 10 years behind Joburg. Paying off now isn't it, fcckers?

Gordon_R

Executive Member
Power just went off (7.45pm) in Kenilworth, CT. Can't possibly be load shedding, so must be local transformer. Doesn't happen often, but a reminder of what is likely to come...

Lupus

Honorary Master
Power just went off (7.45pm) in Kenilworth, CT. Can't possibly be load shedding, so must be local transformer. Doesn't happen often, but a reminder of what is likely to come...
Sigh dude I've lived in areas since the early 1990s that had constant power failures, hasn't gotten any better or any worse though they keep building townhouse complexes.
Though I'm living down the road of about 2km from where I did and cause it's on a more stable grid we've had maybe 2 and nothing during loadshedding.

maumau

Honorary Master
Ours went off at 9:00 last night, new year's eve! Back on 2 hours later. Went off again for 3 hours this morning.

Multiple congratulations on twitter and FB because they fixed the substation so quickly. This is what we've become.

Gordon_R

Executive Member
Power just came back on in our area after 3 hours.

Message on group: Sub-station in Wynberg caught fire so we might be off for a while.

P.S. Surprised by unplanned outage, so my cellphone battery was down to 4% by the time power came back on.

Last edited:

Gordon_R

Executive Member
Power off in Kenilworth and parts of Wynberg (CT) since 1am this morning. Probably the same substation that was affected early this month.

Shaun108

Executive Member
Power just came back on in our area after 3 hours.

Message on group: Sub-station in Wynberg caught fire so we might be off for a while.

P.S. Surprised by unplanned outage, so my cellphone battery was down to 4% by the time power came back on.
Get a power bank for charging laptops and phones when there's an outage.