Prepaid price plan migration - how long to wait?

whatwhat

Executive Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2009
Messages
6,583
Reaction score
854
Location
Hong Kong
So one of my numbers changed to the Data4Keeps priceplan, which is 99c a minute. Was following the USSD prompts on the one article yesterday and mistakenly typed in the migration one and not the one that gives the prices for the packages.

Now I can't migrate back to the Pay Per Second option (79c). What is the time that has to pass before one can migrate back?
 
You can change your price plan everyday. So tonight 00:00 you would be able to change again.
 
You can change your price plan everyday. So tonight 00:00 you would be able to change again.

do you perhaps know if one moved back from Data4keeps to per-second after having bought data, would that data still be available for a whole year?
 
do you perhaps know if one moved back from Data4keeps to per-second after having bought data, would that data still be available for a whole year?

I don't best would be to test it hey. Buy a data bundle even if it is a cheap bundle. Dial *141*1# and check the expiry of the data bundle. Change back to another price plan and see if the expiry date is still the same or if it changed to 30days or God forbid deleted your data bundle completely.

I will do the test tonight on a extra sim I got and revert back with feedback tomorrow.
 
Nope. Changed yesterday but cant change back today. It says I am not allowed to migrate from this price plan.
 
Nope, called 173 now and they tried to manually change it but no luck either on their side.

So, this is a trap.
 
thanks cavedog!

I wish these damn companies would make things simpler, but I guess they do it to screw us.....

I just switched from contract to pre-paid - took 11 days and did not get any confirmation from MTN on date of change-over - suddenly on 1Oct I get switched, lose R150 airtime and 400MB data..... gotta hate them!
 
Just a update. I moved one of my extra prepaid sims to Data4Keeps price plan. Then I bought a 5mb data bundle and the expiry date was 2016. I moved that sim back to MTN Pay per second this morning and the data bundle remained and the expiry date of the bundle was still in 2016.

So basically you can migrate to data4keeps and buy the bundle and then next day migrate back to other price plans and it will keep the data and expiry date the same.

Another note. With MTN Data4Keeps the data bundle expiry can be extended too. So just like all MTN bundles buying a extra bundle before your existing bundle expires will move the expiry date on. In this case it only moved on 1 day because the expiry date gets moved on 365days from your last purchase.

This is cool because if you buy a 1GB data bundle the expiry date is 365days from date of purchase. If you have not used your data by the time you reach 360 days for example buying a new 5mb data bundle would extend the expiry another 365days.
 
@Whatwhat I suggest you call 173 and ask them to log a case to second line support which will escalate it to technical support. Happened on my sim too and they took like a week to fix it.
 
Just a update. I moved one of my extra prepaid sims to Data4Keeps price plan. Then I bought a 5mb data bundle and the expiry date was 2016. I moved that sim back to MTN Pay per second this morning and the data bundle remained and the expiry date of the bundle was still in 2016.

So basically you can migrate to data4keeps and buy the bundle and then next day migrate back to other price plans and it will keep the data and expiry date the same.

Another note. With MTN Data4Keeps the data bundle expiry can be extended too. So just like all MTN bundles buying a extra bundle before your existing bundle expires will move the expiry date on. In this case it only moved on 1 day because the expiry date gets moved on 365days from your last purchase.

This is cool because if you buy a 1GB data bundle the expiry date is 365days from date of purchase. If you have not used your data by the time you reach 360 days for example buying a new 5mb data bundle would extend the expiry another 365days.

that's great! thanks for testing cavedog! :-)
 
Still had errors this morning.

But fixed it by migrating to MTN Zone and from there to Pay per Second.
Looks like there are problems migrating directly to Pay per second.
Was also surprised I could do thrdouble migration on the same day, but at least I am back where I want to be.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X