Previous ISP wont release the line

flashfire208

Hi All

Looking for some advice , moved into a new place this month and tried to sign up to the existing Vumatel line and have been told that the line is still being held by Supersonic. Ok great, call Supersonic and get told I didn't sign up for the account so I can't cancel it. Contacted the previous tenant and he's told me he's in dispute with Supersonic and they will not release the line until his account is settled.... Doesnt look to be happening anytime soon.

What can I do here ?

under_sky

Expert Member
Hi All

Looking for some advice , moved into a new place this month and tried to sign up to the existing Vumatel line and have been told that the line is still being held by Supersonic. Ok great, call Supersonic and get told I didn't sign up for the account so I can't cancel it. Contacted the previous tenant and he's told me he's in dispute with Supersonic and they will not release the line until his account is settled.... Doesnt look to be happening anytime soon.

What can I do here ?
Think you can get a new installation. Mate of mine did that, you can also ask vumatel otherwise to release the line

cavedog

Honorary Master
I think that's likely going to be the solution, let's see if Vuma will play along
Try a new install by adding a B or C to the number in your address. Usually that triggers a new install but not sure about Vumatel.

As for Openserve just add a letter to the house or flat number will allow for multiple installs at the same address.

wingnut771

Executive Member
Try a new install by adding a B or C to the number in your address. Usually that triggers a new install but not sure about Vumatel.

As for Openserve just add a letter to the house or flat number will allow for multiple installs at the same address.
vumatel have an object no. for that address's cpe box which is in use as i understand with supersonic, not sure if one can add another without some difficulty. let's see what vuma say.

cavedog

Honorary Master
vumatel have an object no. for that address's cpe box which is in use as i understand with supersonic, not sure if one can add another without some difficulty. let's see what vuma say.
Just like Openserve has a B number for the ONT installed. Does not mean that you can't have a second ont or CPE installed with a new object or B number.

Last edited:

wingnut771

Executive Member
Just like Ooenserve has a B number for the ONT installed. Does not mean that you can't have a second ont or CPE installed with a new object or B number.
it's just that there is a wall box on the perimeter of the property which only has 1 fibre pair so i would assume they would have to blow another one through is how i understand it.

Venomous

Honorary Master
If its set up as a new install then vumatel will bring a new CPE so full install charges of R1725 apply, plus whatever your ISP charges as an activation fee (some subsidise others do not.)

wingnut771

Executive Member
If its set up as a new install then vumatel will bring a new CPE so full install charges of R1725 apply, plus whatever your ISP charges as an activation fee (some subsidise others do not.)
yes, but there's no fibre from wall box outside said property to go to cpe, it's already used on the other one.

cavedog

Honorary Master
yes, but there's no fibre from wall box outside said property to go to cpe, it's already used on the other one.
Yes they will pull another one.

Stay on a property with 3 aerial fibre lines. 3 lines pulled from the poll to the property. Openserve trenched same thing. If there is already a line they will pull another if they fail they will probably trench again and install a new duct next to the one already installed. If there is available space they will just trench a new one or if aerial they will just hang another line.

Openserve is not fussy they make it happen as long as there is fibre line available on the poll/splitter. Vumatel might be fussy but I did not find any terms or info on their website prohibiting multiple line installations at the same property. If infrastructure allows they will install. Full install fee on each line though.

wingnut771

Executive Member

Stay on a property with 3 aerial fibre lines. 3 lines pulled from the poll to the property. Openserve trenched same thing. If there is already a line they will pull another if they fail they will probably trench again and install a new duct next to the one already installed. If there is available space they will just trench a new one or if aerial they will just hang another line.

Openserve is not fussy they make it happen as long as there is fibre line available on the poll/splitter. Vumatel might be fussy but I did not find any terms or info on their website prohibiting multiple line installations at the same property. If infrastructure allows they will install. Full install fee on each line though.
yes but this is underground - vuma trenched. the guys that install the line are just contractors that extend the line across your lawn from boundary line into the house, i don't see then blowing another line 500m up the road to the cabinet.

wingnut771

Executive Member

here's my vuma install:
outside property:
then went under the driveway:
into house:

that's what the R1725 is for.

wingnut771

Executive Member

my previous res had openserve, and was super easy to get another line, also had 3 on the property, all from the pole.

Venomous

Honorary Master

Vumatel permits extra points permitting they have the point available at street level as they will not retrench the roads.

Monka

Vumatel permits extra points permitting they have the point available at street level as they will not retrench the roads.
Shouldnt be an issue coz FTTH use single mode and they pull fibre from manhole/patchpanel to the border box(Grey box) that has 2 cores or more blue and terminate one core and leave the rest as spares,so they can always terminate on the spares for an extra line.

Where as with Openserve its easier on every slim box they expose 6 lit cores for 4 stands to share 4 cores and the two will remain for any faults or any stand that wants an extra line.

Smiley_lauf

Expert Member
my previous res had openserve, and was super easy to get another line, also had 3 on the property, all from the pole.
So you are saying there are 3 cables/lines/fibreoptic cables, hanging from the pole to your ONT box? what happens to the ones that are not working (active)? Can you share some pics of the overhanging cables from pole to house?? I am interested. tah!

cavedog

Honorary Master
So you are saying there are 3 cables/lines/fibreoptic cables, hanging from the pole to your ONT box? what happens to the ones that are not working (active)? Can you share some pics of the overhanging cables from pole to house?? I am interested. tah!
Yes well where I live now there are 2 flatlets on the same property. I stay in one of the flatlets. We have 3 fibre cables hanging from the poll 1 going to each property. Each line gets it's own ONT and it's own B number meaning they are like completely separate lines with separate owners. Let's say you stay at 120 milky lane road.

When you install additional lines just a letters to the address like 120B milky lane road and 120C milky lane road and 120d milky lane road. This will trigger a new install each time to the same address. If there is fibre strands available at the poll then they will install.

Issue only comes when properties around the poll start installing multiple lines to the same properties the available fibre gets finished. I'm not sure how many is available per pole.

wingnut771

Executive Member
3 ONT's to 3 seperate buildings on same property all coming from the same pole, so cable going this way, another going that way and another going another way, the monkeys love them, not living there anymore.