Programming website list

Raithlin

Expert Member
Beginners take note!

The Most Common HTML and CSS Mistakes to Avoid
Beginners through advanced coders make mistakes in their HTML and CSS files, either through carelessness or lack of experience. Clean code is very important though and will help further your skills as a developer, as well as save you time in editing later on! It never hurts to review if you’re a skilled developer, many mistakes are caused by going too quickly and not practicing good coding skills from the beginning. Here’s a helpful list of common mistakes and missteps that I’ve encountered through my own work, as well as working with others.
It is worth noting that most of the HTML comments are based on XHTML - self-closing tabs, for instance. These are not necessary in HTML4/5. Some of the CSS comments are hints more than mistakes too, but it's a good read, and essential for beginners.

Last edited:

Raithlin

Expert Member
Free JavaScript eBook

Eloquent JavaScript is a digital book providing a comprehensive introduction (tutorial) to the JavaScript programming language. Apart from a bookful of text, it contains plenty of example programs, and an environment to try them out and play with them.

The book is aimed at the beginning programmer ― people with prior programming experience might also get something out of it, but they should not read chapters 2 to 5 too closely, because most of the concepts discussed there will probably be nothing new to them. Do make sure you read the end of the first chapter, which has some essential information about the book itself.

The book is freely available, and may be used (as a whole or in parts) in any way you see fit, as long as I am credited as the original author.

A copy of the book for off-line reading can be downloaded as a zip file, and a more easily printable version can be found here.
http://eloquentjavascript.net/

Archvile

cannot believe you guys dont use stackoverflow.com for all your programming questions
+1 for SO - the StackExchange sites rock for getting answers quickly, no wading through redundant posts \m/

Does anybody know what happened to sadeveloper.net? I see a couple mentions to it (this thread and also here) but the site is down, there seems to be activity around Sep 2010, but no news about it being down?

Last edited: