PS5

RazedInBlack

RazedInBlack

SECRET PS5 Performance BOOST! Digital Foundry Can't Believe the PlayStation 5 is Getting Even Better​

RazedInBlack

RazedInBlack

PlayStation Officially Acquires Bluepoint Games, Next Game Planned to Be an Original, Not a Remake​

Sony Interactive Entertainment has announced yet another studio acquisition - Bluepoint Games, the developers of the Shadow of the Colossus remake on PS4, and, most recently, the PS5 remake of Demon's Souls.

Bluepoint and PlayStation have worked closely together for years, but the news comes after the studio's latest successful release, as Sony confirmed Demon's Souls has sold more than 1.4 million copies since release. IGN spoke with PlayStation Studios Head Hermen Hulst and Bluepoint President Marco Thrush to learn more about the acquisition, PlayStation's overall studio strategy, and about how, thoughBluepoint is steeped in PlayStation remaster and remake expertise, it wants to explore original ideas.

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
Yoh that was quick. Was available at time of posting.

I know I saw... in fact, one women here at work snatched one up.

The Digital editions seem to be the fastest to go... suspect it probably has to do with the price point.

Reactions: SHL

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
Update on my SSD upgrade.

Still waiting for the Amazon delivery. I ordered 3 items at the time (the SSD, the heatsink and a replacement remote for my Nvidia Shield). All 3 ended up in different shipments because of availability timing. Got my Shield remote first on the 28th last month. The heatsink arrived a few minutes ago, and the SSD is only leaving Miami now.

Now I wait...

RazedInBlack

RazedInBlack

Still waiting for the Amazon delivery. I ordered 3 items at the time (the SSD, the heatsink and a replacement remote for my Nvidia Shield). All 3 ended up in different shipments because of availability timing. Got my Shield remote first on the 28th last month. The heatsink arrived a few minutes ago, and the SSD is only leaving Miami now.

Now I wait...
Which one did you order? Samsung or WD?

Splinter

Honorary Master

Now I wait...

Hehe - it's great downloading games just for the fun of it :)

handyman007

Hi there.

Hopefully someone can help a noob when it comes to Playstation 5.

I have a 58" Hi Sense UHD Smart TV and 6mb wifi.

1. Will this be adequate to play PS5?
2. Or do I need to upgrade to fibre if I want the digital edition?
3. Why would you choose digital edition over disc or the other way around?

Thanks in advance.

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
Hi there.

Thanks in advance.
You would want to try and get faster internet regardless of whether you go digital or disc. Discs these days don't really help much to make downloads smaller and you'll generally end up downloading a ton of updates anyway.

You could get by with 6Mbit, but it's going to be painful.

Deciding on which one to get is more a personal preference imo, but having the disc version does often allow you to pick up games cheaper on the second hand market, especially further down the life cycle of the console.

Barbarian Conan

Expert Member
Hi there.

Thanks in advance.

I you are happy with how the PS4/PS3 whatever other console played on your TV, the PS5 will play much the same.

And yes, 6Mbit will technically be fine.

I started out with a 1mb line on my PS3, it just meant that if there was an OS update for the console or a mandatory update for a game it just meant that I was doing something else that evening.

Or if I installed a game from a disc, it often meant that I could still only play the following day.
Downloading from the PS Store? Better start on Wednesday if I want it ready for the weekend.

_kabal_

Expert Member
You would want to try and get faster internet regardless of whether you go digital or disc. Discs these days don't really help much to make downloads smaller and you'll generally end up downloading a ton of updates anyway.

You could get by with 6Mbit, but it's going to be painful.

Deciding on which one to get is more a personal preference imo, but having the disc version does often allow you to pick up games cheaper on the second hand market, especially further down the life cycle of the console.
Excellent point. Long term then, if you are patient, the disc version can probably end up being cheaper than the digital.