Eliphas
Well-Known Member
- Joined
- Oct 20, 2009
- Messages
- 240
- Reaction score
- 44
Hi everyone
What would one do if they found that, as a single customer within the span of 1 month, have noticed that incorrect pricing on "specials", or the signs themselves, have caused them to take more money from me than should have been?
The Spar in Hermanus Gateway is doing this frequently, I've found that at least twice a month they would have incorrect prices and I'd have to go back to get my money (Unless it was a small amount I would not go back, covid and all makes it not worth the risk to me) but this month has been the worse - on top of the fact that for an entire week they have had a special going on that was incorrect - I come back a week later and find they had not changed it and get charged incorrectly again.
This means every customer that bought it that week, and didn't check their slip is being stolen from. This is surely abnormal if something like this can happen to me so frequently surely then means this store is scoring thousands upon thousands from people who don't check?
I happen to keep all my slips and go through them at the end of the month so I've noticed this over years but now due to this last month of am quite frustrated with how blatantly this store is stealing from its customers. I unfortunately suffer from social anxiety so Its been difficult to try and communicate this to their supervisors, not that they seem to care much.
Should one try to get hold of their managers / email them? If I were not a poor sob I would think lawyers could make some sort of class action again them :l
What would one do if they found that, as a single customer within the span of 1 month, have noticed that incorrect pricing on "specials", or the signs themselves, have caused them to take more money from me than should have been?
The Spar in Hermanus Gateway is doing this frequently, I've found that at least twice a month they would have incorrect prices and I'd have to go back to get my money (Unless it was a small amount I would not go back, covid and all makes it not worth the risk to me) but this month has been the worse - on top of the fact that for an entire week they have had a special going on that was incorrect - I come back a week later and find they had not changed it and get charged incorrectly again.
This means every customer that bought it that week, and didn't check their slip is being stolen from. This is surely abnormal if something like this can happen to me so frequently surely then means this store is scoring thousands upon thousands from people who don't check?
I happen to keep all my slips and go through them at the end of the month so I've noticed this over years but now due to this last month of am quite frustrated with how blatantly this store is stealing from its customers. I unfortunately suffer from social anxiety so Its been difficult to try and communicate this to their supervisors, not that they seem to care much.
Should one try to get hold of their managers / email them? If I were not a poor sob I would think lawyers could make some sort of class action again them :l
