Question about News TV shows ?

Procan

Hi everyone,

I'm a research student in media and information technology and I'm conducting a study in order to determine which News TV shows (news magazine programs) are most viewed and appreciated in South Africa. If you have any information i will be receptive.

I have some other questions, What do you think about Late Nite News with Loyiso Gola which is a South African late-night satirical news television series that airs weekly on e.tv and eNCA ?

And I want to know if Netflix usage is gaining ground in SA ?

I already thank you for collaboration. :)

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Wouldn't you rather want to set up a questionnaire using e.g. surveymonkey?

Heard of the Late Nite News with Loyiso Gola as an add on Comedy Central I think, never watched it, not really interested. (don't watch etv and only watch proper news on ENCA)
Netflix is gaining ground in South Africa, the biggest issue is the slow ADSL speeds/broadband penetration. (personal opinion)

steco777

Hi Procan

My opinion Enca is a good South African news source . But the problem is you need to watch it on satellite tv as they block the stream to South Africa on their website. I prefer watching online content like sky news which is available on YouTube for free.

Regarding netflix most of the people I know had netflix before it was launched in South Africa. So they prefer the US content and wint touch the South African content. They would rather unsubscribe if forced to watch the local Netflix.