Question for Midnight-to-morning VAS users

divv

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2004
Messages
821
Reaction score
3
Location
South Africa.
Hey Midnight-to-morning VAS users.
Do you find your Anytime Data is dropping faster in the last few months?

In the past I would have a good chunk of my Anytime % Gigs left by the end of the month. In fact in December I started the month with almost 9 Gigs because a stack carried over. But the whole 9 Gb disappeared in December and my 5 Gb is quickly going down this month, despite me initially not doing anything different (and more recently being ultra-careful!).
I have checked for malaware and viruses and come up clean; I have disabled wireless on my router so no-one can leech off my modem; I have downloaded bandwidth monitoring software and it shows my usage during "Anytime" hours is minimal.
I have been in contact with Iburst people and looked at my data usage and it seems to me that data which should be part of the VAS is coming off my Anytime bundle.
Am I the only one?
 
doesn't happen to me,
what monitoring software are you using and what devices do you have connected to your router?

also maybe check with iburst if there might be another modem linked to your account, doubt this but could have another user some how lined to you account.
 
Sorry for the delay in reply - I never got notification there were replies for some reason (usually do).
I have been using Networx to monitor since this came up. I first changed my settings to stop any possible running downloads at 7:56 and the readings from Iburst were still much higher than my own monitoring. Then I changed my settings to halt at 7:50 and since then my Iburst usage reports and my own monitoring agree.
As far as I'm concerned this does substantiate my theory that data used before 8:00 was logged as Anytime usage; its like if a connection was open around 8:00 then data usage related to that open connection got counted as Anytime.

Its interesting that no-one else has experienced this (or noticed it).

Iburst are still investigating.
 
Sorry for the delay in reply - I never got notification there were replies for some reason (usually do).
I have been using Networx to monitor since this came up. I first changed my settings to stop any possible running downloads at 7:56 and the readings from Iburst were still much higher than my own monitoring. Then I changed my settings to halt at 7:50 and since then my Iburst usage reports and my own monitoring agree.
As far as I'm concerned this does substantiate my theory that data used before 8:00 was logged as Anytime usage; its like if a connection was open around 8:00 then data usage related to that open connection got counted as Anytime.

Its interesting that no-one else has experienced this (or noticed it).

Iburst are still investigating.

Go to thread tools and subscribe :)

It used to happen before to me (a whiles ago) i couldnt figure the problem, so did the same as you change the time my downloads stop, even had iburst checking. I got a new laptop a while ago and started using a diferent download program (FDM) then the one i was using before, and set the times on it. havent had any problmes since.
 
Go to thread tools and subscribe :)

It used to happen before to me (a whiles ago) i couldnt figure the problem, so did the same as you change the time my downloads stop, even had iburst checking. I got a new laptop a while ago and started using a diferent download program (FDM) then the one i was using before, and set the times on it. havent had any problmes since.

Thanks isie.. this time round I did get the notification - must have been a temporary glitch or something.

So you did experience something similar - I'm not (totally) nuts - especially if you solved it in similar way..
FDM is (and has been for some years) my DL manager of choice too but I had to add an extra "pause all downloads" schedule (on top of the time limit) to stop the leak..
 
Thanks isie.. this time round I did get the notification - must have been a temporary glitch or something.

So you did experience something similar - I'm not (totally) nuts - especially if you solved it in similar way..
FDM is (and has been for some years) my DL manager of choice too but I had to add an extra "pause all downloads" schedule (on top of the time limit) to stop the leak..

ill check my setings at home but i am prety sure have FDM to only download between midnight and 8, so anythign else i want i have to Force it to download. ever since then i never have a problem with bandwidth going.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X