Question: How to prepare the best steak

Kadz

Getting the perfect steak is an art on its own.
A good steak is always enjoyable.

I am intrigued to know what is the secrets to prepare the best steak.
What spices to use?
How to render the fat out and having a grill and sear on the outside while still having a juicy tender inside

Also would be nice to know which restaurants serve the best steak and how do you order?
What basting and sauce do you order with if any? Do you prefer medium?

Share your thoughts!

Kadz

I haven't tried it yet but heard one of the best ways is to buy an unmatured steak of your choice from the butcher and wrap it in a 1cm thick layer of butter. Mature it in the fridge for 45 days and then cook.
Wow! That sounds good. When cooking, the butter should add a great flavour

chuckles_the_cnt

on the egg, i sear at ~500c for 12s on both sides, tent in butter with good salt and good pepper, drop temp to ~180c and cook till med rare. rest once done in some butter and enjoy.

no egg, drop it in the sous vide till med rare, reverse sear in pan with butter. salt and pepper.

if you get the above two correct, you wont eat from *any* restaurant again, basting sauce? it's steak not ribs. rather improve your cooking instead of hiding the mis"steak" behind some sauce.

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master

What spices to use?
How to render the fat out and having a grill and sear on the outside while still having a juicy tender inside

Also would be nice to know which restaurants serve the best steak and how do you order?

Share your thoughts!
/Philips Airfryer

Drifter

Honorary Master
Steak must be room temp. I use olive oil, coarse salt and coarse black pepper, sometimes some garlic flakes. Let it sit like that for an hour or two. Grill on high heat till it's done like you prefer it. I go for medium rare, so about 2 - 3 minutes a side, depending on thickness. Then it MUST rest for at least 10 minutes before serving.

As for restaurants, I allways say no basting, ever. I do request a pepper or mushroom sauce on the side sometimes.

Last edited:

saor

Honorary Master
Eat a lamb chop instead?

I've heard good things about using pineapple juice to tenderize.

Kadz

on the egg, i sear at ~500c for 12s on both sides, tent in butter with good salt and good pepper, drop temp to ~180c and cook till med rare. rest once done in some butter and enjoy.

no egg, drop it in the sous vide till med rare, reverse sear in pan with butter. salt and pepper.

if you get the above two correct, you wont eat from *any* restaurant again, basting sauce? it's steak not ribs. rather improve your cooking instead of hiding the mis"steak" behind some sauce.
Sounds great. Tell me more... How do you prepare on egg?

Pegasus

Honorary Master

What spices to use?

Share your thoughts!

chuckles_the_cnt

Sounds great. Tell me more... How do you prepare on egg?
you'd need good hardwood charcoal, no briquettes or firestarters. open top and bottom vents - get the charcoal going to about ~500c. drop your meat, close the lid, count to 12. burp lid then open fully. flip meat, repeat. remove tent etc etc

RedViking

Nord of the South
if you're airfrying steak, you'd need to take a long hard look at your life choices. do you eat your steak with wimpy or macdonalds tomato sauce? airfry steak...what wokeness is this
You can airfryer almost anything. Stop being woke.