"Radical restructuring" planned for SAA

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
"Radical restructuring" planned for SAA

South African Airways (SAA) has suffered greatly due to the strike initiated by NUMSA and SACCA and required a radical restructuring to move forward.

This is according to a statement from Public Enterprises Minister Pravin Gordhan, who said that SAA is unable to continue in its current form.

kwaggawerner

Fire every 5th person who was on strike. SA is battling, most companies are battling, just be happy to still have a job.

Rabobi

Executive Member
More evasion and time wasting. Just close the pos down.

Next post will be, SAA requires R30billion to re-structure

McT

The Humble Scot!
“The airline group will now go through a radical restructuring process which will ensure its financial and operational sustainability. There is no other way forward.
Codswallop. Shut them down. Liquidate the company. Sell the company to a competitor.

There are many choices that do not involve fleecing taxpayers. The problem with the Government is that they do not have the backbone to do the right thing. The government would rather take the country into abject poverty than stand up to the unions and cadres.

:sick:

MSGRule

Retrenchments was the first step, and start with the strikers as they did not have the sense to know that striking while the company is crippled is dumb.
The unions need to be closed down as they are parasite leeches which the country can't sustain.

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
“It is our collective responsibility as South Africans to support SAA in its efforts to restore sales confidence among its customer base and rebuild revenues in the shortest possible time,"

Go screw yourself with a rusty cactus you commie POS.

neoprema

Expert Member
Re-structuring their pillaging of tax money is what they meant to say.

maeztro

It is time for us to shut this thing down. Everyone who is still flying SAA is complicit in throwing tax payers hard earned money into connected cadre's pockets and we need to start calling them on that. If you fly SAA, you are justifying their rationale to keep it running.

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
Buy tickets with confidence? I'll never fly SAA because I worry about their maintenance. How do you know that they maintain their flight?

But I know what they will probably end up doing. They can't retrench anyone, because the unions will strike.

So, they need to hire the services of a management consulting company. Black owned of course. That company will conduct interviews, create a plan. The plan cannot include getting rid of AA or BEE and cannot include letting anyone go or reducing executive pay.

So, when this company has been fairly remunerated (to the tune of tens of millions of Rands for a few days work), the executive team will have an offsite where the results will be presented to them. I'm thinking somewhere nice like Switzerland. The execs and the management consultants can fly first class, and stay in 5 star hotels. About two weeks would be enough time.

Then the plan will be presented, and everyone will agree that the right thing to do is hike up the ticket prices and ask for a bailout.

Arzy

Honorary Master
This sadly makes me think of when my grandmother died. She had a pacemaker implant so the heart monitors kept on registering a beat while everything else clearly indicated she had passed on.

Some family members just couldn't accept this exclaiming, "Look! Her heart is still beating!", to the point where the Dr eventually brought back the results on her brain functions indicating there was nothing. Even then some family couldn't accept it.

We are at that point with SOE's. They are dead. Everybody knows they are dead but you have these stupid little ****tards in the ANC thinking they can be resuscitated by some miracle.

Just. Let. Them. Go.