Rain 5G question

Filosofer

I'm hesitant to sign up for the 5G service because none of my devices supports 5G. But I spoke to a salesperson from Rain and he said that the router they provide allows all devices to connect via WiFi even if those devices do not support 5G. I'm not clued up with all this and was hoping I could get opinions here. Is that even possible? All my devices are 4G.

rain_networks

Rain Representative
Company Rep
I'm hesitant to sign up for the 5G service because none of my devices supports 5G. But I spoke to a salesperson from Rain and he said that the router they provide allows all devices to connect via WiFi even if those devices do not support 5G. I'm not clued up with all this and was hoping I could get opinions here. Is that even possible? All my devices are 4G.
Common mistake is 5G, 5G as in the mobile tech we offer is the connection to the internet, 5Ghz is the WiFi band that you use to connect to the router that connects using 5G to the internet. - Not confusing at all :) - Anyway, the device supports wifi so any device that can do wifi can connect!

Filosofer

Common mistake is 5G, 5G as in the mobile tech we offer is the connection to the internet, 5Ghz is the WiFi band that you use to connect to the router that connects using 5G to the internet. - Not confusing at all :) - Anyway, the device supports wifi so any device that can do wifi can connect!
Hi Rain,

I just took delivery of my 5G router and sim. I put the simcard in and switched it on. I assume I don't have signal yet because my sim is not active yet. How long does RICA and activation take?

Do I need to do anything else? I know people were doing some sort of optimisation with their 5G routers but there's no instructions about this in the box.

rain_networks

Rain Representative
Company Rep
Hi Rain,

I just took delivery of my 5G router and sim. I put the simcard in and switched it on. I assume I don't have signal yet because my sim is not active yet. How long does RICA and activation take?

Do I need to do anything else? I know people were doing some sort of optimisation with their 5G routers but there's no instructions about this in the box.
Hi, the RAM courier needs to sync his terminal and send us the RICA documents and then we activate. Should just be plug and play. Welcome to PM me your email add and I can check the current status

gsewell

Not all devices support connecting to 5GHz WiFi band. If your device does not then you cannot get the benefit of 5G.