RAIN - Great and worst service at the same time :-(

MikeTosen

This is flowing from : 5G Premium dropping speeds
But not to clutter that thread - I am starting a new post as an update/progress post.

First I had great service from both the RAIN rep here :thumbsup:
And from the network guy (not sure if I am allwed to mention him by name) :thumbsup:

So appontment was made for 9:30 this morning ... and they eventually pitched at just after 12 :mad:
Sebu and Mani ? spelling ? pitched.

So after pitching and doing a couple of speed tests directly pluged into the cpe ... he delares without any further tests - problem is your equipment :unsure:
So convinced him to plug his laptop into my switch - and the cpe wired into my network ... same speed - no difference.

So explaining to him that the test we just did - proves that there is absolutely nothing wrong with my equipment - same speed.

Now comes the kicker - he turns around and throws this little nugget - "with all respect, if you not happy, you welcome to cancel".
Apparently anything over 100Mbps is all good -regardless that I am showing my speed was over 300, now hardly reaches 200 ever and as the day goes on, keeps dropping where some evenings I am sitting with 10Mbps :X3:
So after just doing a couple of speed tests - he declare nothing wrong, and recommends I cancel, and move service provider.
Zero adjustments to see if a improvement can be made, no signal tests, zero futher diagnostics.

And with an attitude like that, I think my time on RAIN is coming to an end - Worst service in a long time :mad:

I can 100% understand why they rated as the worst ISP.

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
This is flowing from : 5G Premium dropping speeds
But not to clutter that thread - I am starting a new post as an update/progress post.

First I had great service from both the RAIN rep here :thumbsup:
And from the network guy (not sure if I am allwed to mention him by name) :thumbsup:

So appontment was made for 9:30 this morning ... and they eventually pitched at just after 12 :mad:
Sebu and Mani ? spelling ? pitched.

So after pitching and doing a couple of speed tests directly pluged into the cpe ... he delares without any further tests - problem is your equipment :unsure:
So convinced him to plug his laptop into my switch - and the cpe wired into my network ... same speed - no difference.

So explaining to him that the test we just did - proves that there is absolutely nothing wrong with my equipment - same speed.

Now comes the kicker - he turns around and throws this little nugget - "with all respect, if you not happy, you welcome to cancel".
Apparently anything over 100Mbps is all good -regardless that I am showing my speed was over 300, now hardly reaches 200 ever and as the day goes on, keeps dropping where some evenings I am sitting with 10Mbps :X3:
So after just doing a couple of speed tests - he declare nothing wrong, and recommends I cancel, and move service provider.
Zero adjustments to see if a improvement can be made, no signal tests, zero futher diagnostics.

And with an attitude like that, I think my time on RAIN is coming to an end - Worst service in a long time :mad:

I can 100% understand why they rated as the worst ISP.
Hi @MikeTosen

Accept my apology for the inconvenience caused. I will look into this.

123Eish

Experienced a similar problem in terms of speed change over a year. My CPE is roof mounted outside with a switch and ap inside the house.

After a couple months I noticed that the speed had gradually dropped. Called rain and the guys came to my house and told me the trees are degrading the signal.

I trimmed the trees and my speed had returned back to the normal. ,In my case I know it was the trees because my signal strength ratio improved drastically after trimming.

100Mbps is not acceptable for 5G considering the price is like for like given the decreases in fibre prices lately.

mojoman

Lol...I was told to 'point your router at a window' when I complained of poor speeds...

mojoman

So you have a bit of a baseline:
Ping:28ms
Down:11mbps
Up:1.6mps

OoKla Speed test at 2pm.....