Rain LTE-A bundles

dxvapor

Is it possible to get any of the LTE-A GB bundles anywhere still, or is the R50 per gb the only way to get Rain in peak hours (where 5G is not present)?

kabusi

Is it possible to get any of the LTE-A GB bundles anywhere still, or is the R50 per gb the only way to get Rain in peak hours (where 5G is not present)?
No. The R50 per GB is the only deal available for anyone who does not have their fixed LTE product.

dxvapor

Yes it does. Also I won't pay that rate as my unlimited off-peak experience is atrocious.
Fortunately I have had great success with their unlimited network, Where as I can't get ADSL can only get slow ADSL (Which is being phased out) and telkom LTE has about 150 ms local for me. which leaves me with no other options at the moment ... :(

Last edited:

11Snowman11

Fortunately I have had great success with their unlimited network, Where as I can't get ADSL and telkom LTE has about 150 ms local for me. which leaves me with no other options at the moment ... :(
Have you looked at MTN LTE?

dxvapor

I did indeed - None of the following carriers have an LTE coverage here
CellC
MTN

ADSL I'm limited to 4mb/s there are no faster ports available, but my neighbour gets a nice 40mb/s

as for Fibre, I live in the south coast KZN, doubt its going to be commercially available here any time soon

I did reach out to a WISP Venture-Net, which has some 20mb/s package, but 3 days after requesting a on site survey and quote, no response yet. so we'll see how that goes...

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
I don't understand why the peak data is so slow on RAIN. Is it because of the Vodacom roaming agreement?