Rain & Port Forwarding

IceQB

Expert Member
Tried open ports for Xbox & Steam, not working.
Anyone else having issues or have it working?

StoneCold

Expert Member
Tried open ports for Xbox & Steam, not working.
Anyone else having issues or have it working?
If you're trying to do it via Rain mobile (the R250 uncapped product) it won't work as it is disabled. It does work afaik on their fixed mobile packages.

IceQB

Expert Member
If you're trying to do it via Rain mobile (the R250 uncapped product) it won't work as it is disabled. It does work afaik on their fixed mobile packages.
Why do the disable it on R250 package?
Support is useless, same generic answers.

ngoni615

it does work. what are you trying to do? I havent had any issues with the r250 package on any platform.

IceQB

Expert Member
Forwarding ports for steam & xbox in B315, when checking if open via canyouseeme they still closed

Norri

I'm on their 5G product and it's not working for me.

Maybe all of us who need/want port-forwarding should send them support queries?

I use it for my work (local web-server, testing webhooks, etc) and for checking on my home security cameras when we're not home. I consider both of those important reasons to be able to forward ports.

BradleyKZN

Expert Member
I'm on their 5G product and it's not working for me.

Maybe all of us who need/want port-forwarding should send them support queries?

I use it for my work (local web-server, testing webhooks, etc) and for checking on my home security cameras when we're not home. I consider both of those important reasons to be able to forward ports.
Fairly certain I saw somewhere they are doing it so that people don't have there own webservers. They probably don't care if its a small one or whatever

Stillie

Expert Member
Just confirmed that port forwarding is no doable on their network.... although the response is a bit vague

The product is not suitable for automation applications such as port forwarding.
Although now that i think about it after the reply i got, i dont think this person knows what they are talking about:
So ports are blocked on the network?
we do not support static IP address as yet, however we looking into introducing it in the near future.

UglyBunny

Another developer here who uses it. I just use ssh & mosh to work off my iPad and do some testing, sucks that they don't allow it, guess I'll need to rent a box somewhere now...