Rain signal checker

WAslayer

Expert Member
Only if there is someone in close proximity to the pin but, even then, factors like the thickness of your dwellings wall can impact your speed..

McGuywer

Executive Member
That is in LTE/4G coverage, so keep in mind it will be less than 80mbps.
But as mentioned, many factors to consider.

carnagelan

I just ordered the SIM from Takealot so that I'll get on Monday and then I'll order the data package from rain and have a look and see this. I currently has a MTN LTE but we use the 30gb * 30gb with in 10 days. All I need is about 20mb/s for Netflix then I'll be happy

cavedog

Honorary Master
I just ordered the SIM from Takealot so that I'll get on Monday and then I'll order the data package from rain and have a look and see this. I currently has a MTN LTE but we use the 30gb * 30gb with in 10 days. All I need is about 20mb/s for Netflix then I'll be happy
Rain has a very unique offering. You can switch the data on and off as you wish. Don't have to cancel the simcard. Just switch all the data off and throw the simcard in a draw and forget about it. When you need to use data again just login and activate the unlimited option again.

So if you decided it's not working for you that might be better because once you click cancel and the simcard gets cancelled you would need to buy a new simcard again where as leaving the sim unused in a draw means you won't pay for anything and you can always use it again in the future again.

MirageF1

Expert Member
Rain has a very unique offering. You can switch the data on and off as you wish. Don't have to cancel the simcard. Just switch all the data off and throw the simcard in a draw and forget about it. When you need to use data again just login and activate the unlimited option again.

So if you decided it's not working for you that might be better because once you click cancel and the simcard gets cancelled you would need to buy a new simcard again where as leaving the sim unused in a draw means you won't pay for anything and you can always use it again in the future again.
As an aside, I'm wondering if I could ever sign up again for Rain sim only pure LTE as I cancelled my pure Rain Fixed LTE service after moving to MTN fixed due to very average speeds at my last 2 home addresses.

I suspect not, as this service is not sold any longer. Pity, but there was no choice to keep SIM active, only cancel entire service.