Ramaphosa wants to intensify BEE

  • Thread starter Thread starter Daily Investor
  • Start date Start date
Everyone calling for it to be canned and Cyril does a PW Botha and doubles down.

They always do, the same with the EE Amendment Bill, though it looks more palatable, sectoral codes and procurement where applicable still apply and be leveraged to undermine those more palatable relaxations. I do believe that BEE will be accelerated, more aggressive policy, but the state would need to diligently navigate this since we are luring more and more BRICS interests.
 
Populism is the last policy the ANC has left. This will intensify, but it wont save them. It will simply keep the economy on the current slow but steady trajectory into irrelevance.
 
Populism is the last policy the ANC has left. This will intensify, but it wont save them. It will simply keep the economy on the current slow but steady trajectory into irrelevance.
Unfortunately, the man on the street will not see it that way..
 
It is run up to elections.

I hear this every time, yet the lawmakers keep on law-making. It is without doubt that the state sees BEE as an imperative. To be honest, it is only the minority concerned about it in any case otherwise we wouldn't have had these laws. Minority views in this country aren't viewed as progressive.

I have had my views on BEE, as highlighted on these boards, many a time. I am not against empowerment; I am only in the view that we haven't given organic* change a chance and that restorative means applicable to empowerment are incorrectly targeted.

It shows where the state neglected the public sectors and is now placing the onus on the private sectors.

*Organic measures are disregarded. I know that, it is almost viewed as an evil. It is too late anyway, that chance was in the 90s.
 
“No political democracy can survive and flourish if the mass of our people remains in poverty, without land, without tangible prospects for a better life,” he said.

“Attacking poverty and deprivation must therefore be the first priority of a democratic government.”
Ironic that the head of an organization plundering billions is speaking about resolving poverty. (Sorry, 'attacking' poverty because resolving it is probably too nuanced.)
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X