Reboots

bchip

Expert Member
Have TV shows become so awful that the only option is to reboot the 90s again?

Fresh prince

Whos the boss

Fuller house

Will & Grace

Arandompeer

They chasing that "woke" money, which will eventually create more problems for them.

Dairyfarmer

Expert Member
80's sitcoms don't work in to 2020's.

Then first thing is that programmed viewing no longer exists, or very little. So the whole anticipation is lost.

Secondly it was a very different time and the ideas just wouldn't carry over to today.

bchip

Expert Member
80's sitcoms don't work in to 2020's.

Then first thing is that programmed viewing no longer exists, or very little. So the whole anticipation is lost.

Secondly it was a very different time and the ideas just wouldn't carry over to today.
True...a modern reboot of "Friends" would be 6 people sitting on a coffee shop staring at their phones together :D

abzo

Honorary Master
There’s a new Magnum PI. He’s Hispanic. And they use fake Ferraris.

The Voice

Executive Member
99% of 80's and 90's sitcoms wouldn't be allowed on the air in 2020. Bound to be something that offends someone or hurts their feefees, so networks wouldn't dare risk it.

bwana

MyBroadband
Charmed - sucks
Magnum PI - sucks
McGuyver - sucks
The Equalizer - looks like it's gonna suck...

Reboots of kids shows seem to fare better.
Fuller house - my kids like it
One Day at a Time - my kids like it
Girl meets world - my kids liked it

abzo

Honorary Master
Hawaii Five-O also sucks now from season 8 onwards. They even had a crossover episode with Magnum.

R13...

Honorary Master
I don’t know but I enjoyed watching it when she was still on (S1-7)

Can't argue with that. If only they showed some of that on the show. I admittedly didn't watch enough to know but it played in the day time, right? So assume the rating would have been suitable.

abzo

Honorary Master
Can't argue with that. If only they showed some of that on the show. I admittedly didn't watch enough to know but it played in the day time, right? So assume the rating would have been suitable.
It usually airs in the evening but DStv did broadcast repeats during the day. I think it was PG rated and apart from Grace Park, I did actually enjoy it. The show didn’t take itself seriously. This first review I found on google describes the dynamics pretty well. Kono and Chen leaving is when I stopped watching.

IMG_5283.JPG

wbot

Expert Member
All these reboots suck. I see other shows getting rebooted include Walker Texas Ranger, Nash Bridges and Alf. Also Animaniacs and a live action Jetsons sitcom.

Last edited:

Lupus

Honorary Master
Will and Grace,Fuller House and Girl meets world weren't really reboots, they were continuations.
Hawaii 5-0, Magnum, Macgyver those were reboots and I enjoy them for the mindlessness of them. Macgyver wasn't great in the first season but it got better.