Relocating to JHB and looking for recommendations

s4a

Member
Joined
May 18, 2008
Messages
21
Reaction score
1
Location
Port Elizabeth
I need to relocate to JHB in the new year and am trying to find a place to rent in the general Rivonia area, sunninghill, morningside, paulshof, woodmead west, bryanston east. I am specifically on the hunt for a place that either falls on a loadshedding free grid or has back up power solutions like inverters/solar/generators.

Any recommendations for apartment buildings/estates/complex's etc to look at?
I am aware that there is a portion on sunninghill on the Netcare grid which apparently does not get loadshedded and there are a couple of apartment blocks there but I have been reading lots of negative reviews about excessive noise,week night parties, poor management etc which of course is a deal breaker as I am relocating for career related reasons.
 
My sympathies

breesteet01.0.jpg
 
  • Like
Reactions: s4a
Maybe specify in what range your budget is, then people can give better suggestion.
Just before you get the 200k a month suggestions that have everything

OH and just for you or a family?
 
There are no locations in JHB that I’m aware of that are loadshedding exempt. Looking for a place with pre-installed backup power is a good plan. I haven’t seen any but they might exist.
 

almost rented at this place,

not sure if any of the few apartment blocks have room still.
This was one of the places that had deterring reviews on google hehe
 
This was one of the places that had deterring reviews on google hehe
they own 3 properties in the sunninghill area, so one of them should be alright?
also not sure if you willing to try elsewhere and commute with gautrain?

Centurion/Rosebank maybe?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X