Removing "master/slave" pin labels from an AVR.

s0lar

Ill just leave this here.

• Haha
Reactions: "D"

konfab

Honorary Master
The political purpose of Newspeak is to eliminate the expression of the shades of meaning inherent to ambiguity and nuance from Oldspeak (Standard English) in order to reduce the language's function of communication, by way of simplistic concepts of simple construction—pleasure and pain, happiness and sadness, goodthink and crimethink—the last one of these which linguistically reinforces the State's totalitarian dominance of the people of Oceania. In Newspeak, English root words function as both nouns and verbs, which reduce the vocabulary available for the speaker to communicate meaning. For example, think is both a noun and a verb, thus, the word thought is not functionally required to communicate the concepts of thought in Newspeak and therefore is not in the Newspeak vocabulary.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newspeak

s0lar

I will just summarize for those who wont follow the link.

Orwell’s newspeak appendix explores the concept further, the way that the Party have tried to reduce language itself to make thought itself controllable, to ensure that people aren’t able to think non-sanctioned thoughts because they don’t have the language to do so – the ultimate propaganda thought-control.

konfab

Honorary Master
"Help me, the terminology of technology that I barely understand is oppressing me."

Flanders

Honorary Master
The US military will need to burn a few $ in order to replace all of those master arm switches and master caution lights in their aircraft and more.

eg2505

Honorary Master
its not a problem sir, its a challenge.

we really have gone off the rails in the world these days?

what next? its not a cellphone, its a communication device using electricity and radio signals.

DiabloDane

Expert Member
For decades the motor trade has called clutch components a Clutch Master and a Clutch slave....... soooooooo, what now?

eg2505

Honorary Master
For decades the motor trade has called clutch components a Clutch Master and a Clutch slave....... soooooooo, what now?
good question, what now?
maybe clutch A and Clutch B,

or clutch al-adeen and clutch al-adeen.