Researchers Create Beating Heart In Lab

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
"Minnesota researchers have created a beating heart in the laboratory. In a process called whole organ decellularization, they grew functioning heart tissue by using dead rat and pig hearts as a sort of flesh matrix, and reseeding them with a mixture of live cells. The goal is to grow replacement parts, using their own stem cells, for people born with defective tickers or experiencing heart failure."
http://www.scienceblog.com/cms/researchers-create-beating-heart-lab-15218.html

Moederloos

Honorary Master
Its ALIVE mahster.

Seriously - awesome. Let's hope the usual pack leave this alone and don't start with "god's way".

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
Well this is the "Science" section. Posting here does seem to get out the regular riffraf. I cant wait till the day that we can have a completely artificial but "as sensitive as it is now" body.

Moederloos

Honorary Master
Well this is the "Science" section. Posting here does seem to get out the regular riffraf. I cant wait till the day that we can have a completely artificial but "as sensitive as it is now" body.
I will even skip the "sensitive" bit - a shell of metal would do me fine to keep me going until I can "upgrade".

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
I will even skip the "sensitive" bit - a shell of metal would do me fine to keep me going until I can "upgrade".
Yah... just keep away from running on Vista. You dont want your body to crash regularly or ask for a license key at the wrong time. Open source ftw!

Moederloos

Honorary Master
Yah... just keep away from running on Vista. You dont want your body to crash regularly or ask for a license key at the wrong time. Open source ftw!
Sheesh - can you imagine.
NExt thing you know someone has installed a back door thats open to every bugger out there....

:p

chiskop

Executive Member
A back door open to every bugger on your planned exoskeleton? Sounds nasty. :)

Tux

Software Communist
I better get a free Ipod with mine.. :D