Restoring iphone mail to a pc/Mac

SueC

I bought a new laptop and the guys transferring my data have managed to lose my emails. Looks like the pst file was corrupted during the transfer. I still have my emails on my iphone. Any ideas on how to get them onto my PC again? I’ve tried using iTunes but I don’t get any “mail” options

TIA

greg0205

Honorary Master
I bought a new laptop and the guys transferring my data have managed to lose my emails. Looks like the pst file was corrupted during the transfer. I still have my emails on my iphone. Any ideas on how to get them onto my PC again? I’ve tried using iTunes but I don’t get any “mail” options

TIA
Mail isn't stored in iTunes... Your Apple mail will be in the Mail tab in iCloud.

icloud.com/login with your Apple account details/Mail.

Apple mail 'tho... If you're using another mail service, not so much.

SueC

Mail isn't stored in iTunes... Your Apple mail will be in the Mail tab in iCloud.

icloud.com/login with your Apple account details/Mail.

Apple mail 'tho... If you're using another mail service, not so much.

Is Apple mail the standard iphone mail? I have a telkomsa.com email address that comes to my phone...

greg0205

Honorary Master
Is Apple mail the standard iphone mail? I have a telkomsa.com email address that comes to my phone...
No 'standard' mail, you add whichever accounts you want to use in the iPhone Mail app. Apple mail would be an icloud.com/me.com mail account, and Telkom would be a telkom.net/telkomsa.com mail account.

And that's what we were looking for.

Telkom is the mail server.

Do you know your Telkom account and login details?

I've been on a Mac and iPhone, and Outlook free, for more than a decade now, so I'm flying blind here, but, I'm assuming Telkom mail is IMAP, and mail should pull through to your new machine when you create a new mail account in Outlook using those Telkom details.

SueC

No 'standard' mail, you add whichever accounts you want to use in the iPhone Mail app. Apple mail would be an icloud.com/me.com mail account, and Telkom would be a telkom.net/telkomsa.com mail account.

And that's what we were looking for.

Telkom is the mail server.

Do you know your Telkom account and login details?

I've been on a Mac and iPhone, and Outlook free, for more than a decade now, so I'm flying blind here, but, I'm assuming Telkom mail is IMAP, and mail should pull through to your new machine when you create a new mail account in Outlook using those Telkom details.

My Telkom is pop3 /smtp ... which I take it means it is saved on the device rather than on the cloud?
I really appreciate you taking the time to help!

greg0205

Honorary Master
My Telkom is pop3 /smtp ... which I take it means it is saved on the device rather than on the cloud?
I really appreciate you taking the time to help!
Found this. Not sure if it works and it's not perfect, but I'd try it anyway.