RHCSA

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Wrote my RHCSA today with Torque IT and fortunately passed.

But what a ridiculous experience for being the new remote single student kiosk format instead of the usual classroom with invigilator setup.

First they have me lock all my stuff away which is reasonable enough.

But then I enter the exam room where to other people are already writing something so probably highly disturbing to them.

The woman then asks me to log into my Red Hat account and I’m like sure but I need my phone for that. Looks at me with much disdain as to why can that possibly be the case and I’m like lady it’s a secure password I have no idea what it is.

So out I go again, unlock everything and get my phone and maybe due to stress and mistyping or just not syncing and updating it doesn’t work. So I quickly reset it on the machine and then it takes me to the normal landing page.

The woman clearly doesn’t have a clue how any of this works and guides me around the normal Red Hat web page trying to find the link and the more I try to object that it won’t be there the more she faffs.

Eventually get a techie to assist and what does he do? Just reboots the laptop as it’s all on auto pilot to log into their system.

Finally we start and it’s the most ridiculous thing where you have to wave the external webcam around the room to do a security check and even under the desk and then have it off to the side so they can see both you and the keyboard while the laptops own webcam stares you in the face throughout.

So after all this bullshit the chat window person informs me that the exam isn’t ready yet. He also said I can bring a beverage into the exam so I reckon okay let me go pee and get some coffee so long.

Come back and this chick comes flying in the door to announce that coffee is NOT ALLOWED!!!! And I’m like Jesus Christ is the coffee going to write the exam for me? Are we children that can’t operate liquids in front of computers? Like honestly what the ****?

Needless to say I’m horribly on edge and distracted by all this unnecessary kak by now and then get informed that because I left we need to do the security check bullshit again, including raising my hands to the camera and showing my clear wrists.

The guy literally asks me if that’s a wedding ring because only those are allowed and I’m just thinking what does it actually matter?

Finally it’s almost twenty minutes later and we start. And it’s all at least smooth sailing from there but then about half way in the slightly opaque glass in front of me looking into the next office becomes distracting.

There is a chick sitting on a chair with her back towards me taking selfies of herself as the phone is lighting up clear as day.

The whole thing has been the most unprofessional thing I’ve ever experienced in my life.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Wrote my RHCSA today with Torque IT and fortunately passed.

But what a ridiculous experience for being the new remote single student kiosk format instead of the usual classroom with invigilator setup.

First they have me lock all my stuff away which is reasonable enough.

But then I enter the exam room where to other people are already writing something so probably highly disturbing to them.

The woman then asks me to log into my Red Hat account and I’m like sure but I need my phone for that. Looks at me with much disdain as to why can that possibly be the case and I’m like lady it’s a secure password I have no idea what it is.

So out I go again, unlock everything and get my phone and maybe due to stress and mistyping or just not syncing and updating it doesn’t work. So I quickly reset it on the machine and then it takes me to the normal landing page.

The woman clearly doesn’t have a clue how any of this works and guides me around the normal Red Hat web page trying to find the link and the more I try to object that it won’t be there the more she faffs.

Eventually get a techie to assist and what does he do? Just reboots the laptop as it’s all on auto pilot to log into their system.

Finally we start and it’s the most ridiculous thing where you have to wave the external webcam around the room to do a security check and even under the desk and then have it off to the side so they can see both you and the keyboard while the laptops own webcam stares you in the face throughout.

So after all this bullshit the chat window person informs me that the exam isn’t ready yet. He also said I can bring a beverage into the exam so I reckon okay let me go pee and get some coffee so long.

Come back and this chick comes flying in the door to announce that coffee is NOT ALLOWED!!!! And I’m like Jesus Christ is the coffee going to write the exam for me? Are we children that can’t operate liquids in front of computers? Like honestly what the ****?

Needless to say I’m horribly on edge and distracted by all this unnecessary kak by now and then get informed that because I left we need to do the security check bullshit again, including raising my hands to the camera and showing my clear wrists.

The guy literally asks me if that’s a wedding ring because only those are allowed and I’m just thinking what does it actually matter?

Finally it’s almost twenty minutes later and we start. And it’s all at least smooth sailing from there but then about half way in the slightly opaque glass in front of me looking into the next office becomes distracting.

There is a chick sitting on a chair with her back towards me taking selfies of herself as the phone is lighting up clear as day.

The whole thing has been the most unprofessional thing I’ve ever experienced in my life.
Sounds horrible. But yeah Torque IT needs to sort themselves out. When I wrote my RHCE last year didn't get it :-(. They had the aircon set to some ridiculously high temprature in the exam room, so that I was actually sweating, it was distracting and on top of that I actually left feeling ill because of the high heat. Complained twice and they were like the other students aren't moaning, yet looking around they were all sweating.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Was she hot?
In all honestly I was too enraged to take it in.

It was just utterly bizarre to me that any person could be so full of themselves to not even care that someone is looking over their shoulder and seeing what they are doing and not giving two shits about them writing an exam.

Maybe she was trying to flirt with me. Who ****ing knows.

jsheed_sa

Executive Member
1.) Torque are the sole holders of the Red Hat exams right in SA.
2.) Can only be done through them in CPT + JHB - so you've got no other choice.

- I've written 7 kiosk RH exams
- The security checks mid way through exam are the worst (like 2-3 hours in of a 4.5 hour exam and they want you to stop, pan the room / floor / desk / yourself - hugely distracting
- Once the kiosk wasn't working and the tech they brought in was clueless (reboot, check cable etc - when it clearly was a bigger issue and RH should have been contacted)

Other than that it's been ok, service is usually friendly and helpful.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
1.) Torque are the sole holders of the Red Hat exams right in SA.
2.) Can only be done through them in CPT + JHB - so you've got no other choice.

- I've written 7 kiosk RH exams
- The security checks mid way through exam are the worst (like 2-3 hours in of a 4.5 hour exam and they want you to stop, pan the room / floor / desk / yourself - hugely distracting
- Once the kiosk wasn't working and the tech they brought in was clueless (reboot, check cable etc - when it clearly was a bigger issue and RH should have been contacted)

Other than that it's been ok, service is usually friendly and helpful.
You know If it was just inside an actual booth type “kiosk” it would probably be so much better.

The security checks are completely unnecessary in light of the fact you already have two cameras on you constantly.