road lodge hotels

adamr

Executive Member
hi, how are the road lodge hotels? ... any good? ... the one in rivonia ... is it in a nice part of rivonia ...

xrapidx

Honorary Master
The City Lodge Road Lodge? They're not bad, not where I would take a date though :p

I usually stay at the one at Cape Town International when I have an early morning flight, saves me getting up at 4, instead I can get up at 5 :p

adamr

Executive Member
The City Lodge Road Lodge? They're not bad, not where I would take a date though :p

I usually stay at the one at Cape Town International when I have an early morning flight, saves me getting up at 4, instead I can get up at 5 :p
yes the city lodge, road lodge ... ok whats a cool hotel without the massive nightly charges one can stay in the sandton area ... bringing my "friend" from from CT, so dont want to spoil her, but a nice stay .... or maybe i should spoil her

xrapidx

Honorary Master
yes the city lodge, road lodge ... ok whats a cool hotel without the massive nightly charges one can stay in the sandton area ... bringing my "friend" from from CT, so dont want to spoil her, but a nice stay .... or maybe i should spoil her
Try find a City Lodge rather... the Road Lodge isn't the place I'd stay by choice for a break or holiday.

milomak

Honorary Master
once made the mistake of staying at a road lodge thinking it was a city lodge. i implore you not to make that mistake.

Londo

The Road Lodges are excellent value. In Cape Town, one at the airport (v convenient to most parts of the city) and one near NI City Mall. Around R350 a night. Both are almost always full (particularly the airport one, so book a few days in advance) Of course, the City Lodges are nicer... bigger rooms, bathrooms and more expensive fittings), but at around R500 a night damn well should be. If you want is a clean comfortable bed, and want to save a lot, go Road Lodge.
I liked them - and the occupancy - so much I bought shares in City Lodge Hotels (CLH) about 3 years ago. Should have bought more..

xrapidx

Honorary Master
ok cool ... will do just that and book her into a city lodge rather
Look for a b&b for her, they're much nicer, and a lot cheaper. Way better value for money - I'm staying in a nice one at the moment for R350 a night, with breakfast, king size bed, huge bathroom....etc.

adamr

Executive Member
Look for a b&b for her, they're much nicer, and a lot cheaper. Way better value for money - I'm staying in a nice one at the moment for R350 a night, with breakfast, king size bed, huge bathroom....etc.
where do i start looking???

Frankie

Executive Member
To those that quoted prices here, please tell me if that is Per Person Sharing.

I've had experiences with some B&B's and hotels (South Africa in particular), where I asked the room rate, only to find out the next morning that it was double that because my wife was with me - now come on, how can having two sleep in the same bed cost double - yes a little more hot water for the shower etc. but then I could have spent twice as long in the shower.
My wife joins me a many business trips, and I would not have to pay anything out my pocket if it weren't for this rip-off PPS charge.

I travel abroad a lot and have not found many places that use the PPS charge method.

I hope that the 2010 visitors know this in advance - imagine two students planned on sharing a room only to find that their accommodation costs have doubled.

LoneGunman

Expert Member
if you want to spoil someone, just make sure that, when you bury them, you
add some sugar - as that'll help speed up the rate of spoiling..