Robert Mugabe has died

Alan

Honorary Master
This article sums it up well:

https://mg.co.za/article/2019-09-06-robert-gabriel-mugabe-1924-2019-a-tragedy-in-three-acts

Yes, there will be mourning. Not, perhaps, for the man himself; but certainly for the devastating, perhaps irreversible damage he’s done to the country that he promised to cherish and serve so many years ago.

Robert Mugabe’s death is no tragedy; his life, ultimately, was.

Bovine excrement typical of the liberal media that championed this genocidal Marxist into power in the first place.

Mugabe’s secret was that he was always the cleverest person in the room. His formidable intellect took him from a modest background into some of the best schools in the land — the best black schools, of course, because he was a second-class citizen in colonial Rhodesia — and then to the University of Fort Hare in South Africa, which was then a production line for extraordinary Africans. Nelson Mandela studied there, as did Oliver Tambo, Julius Nyerere and Kenneth Kaunda. .
only if it was a room full of liberal useful idiots...

Mugabe allowed Smith to serve as a member of the Zimbabwean parliament in a powerful gesture of forgiveness and reconciliation. Mugabe was not always a tyrant.
lol!

He set to work forging perhaps the finest education system in Africa, and turned Zimbabwe into the fabled ‘breadbasket for southern Africa’. Things were looking up, and he was celebrated by his peers and feted by the international community. Mugabe was a bona fide African hero, and he relished the attention.
He turned Zim into the '‘breadbasket for southern Africa'? In just a year or two of being in power before inexplicably "changing" into a genocidal madman......

thechamp

Honorary Master
What's sad is that having "struggle credentials" seems to absolve any crime in some people's eyes.

Sky News blurb says it best - Robert Mugabe, from liberator to tyrant.
No it doesn't, many apartheid leaders also got glowing tributes when they died, that is just how it is and will always be, sympathizers will always find something nice to say.

Acid0

Expert Member

Must b e honest stopped reading when I got here.

So they still see Zim as a success story....... we are doomed if Zim is what we are going for....

Alan

Honorary Master
What's sad is that having "struggle credentials" seems to absolve any crime in some people's eyes.

Sky News blurb says it best - Robert Mugabe, from liberator to tyrant.
Some people? Most people absolve Mandela for every highly dodgy thing he did once in power.

Splinter

Honorary Master

Splinter

Honorary Master
Some people? Most people absolve Mandela for every highly dodgy thing he did once in power.
And what "highly dodgy" things did he do? I'll make it easy for you - just two examples please.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
The news claimed this morning that he was the most educated and degreed leader ever.
Just proved a point. Education is NO guarantee that the outcome will be a rational and successful leader
Good riddance, Africa will be better off with him gone.

Temujin

Executive Member
The news claimed this morning that he was the most educated and degreed leader ever.
Just proved a point. Education is NO guarantee that the outcome will be a rational and successful leader
Good riddance, Africa will be better off with him gone.
Kinda hard not to give him a degree when you're under threat of death :whistling:

mushroom

i think evans though he did go mad and did make the ppl poor he did still do good in the start coz he did free his ppl like mandela did do its only coz he did become skellem and want to steal the money that the land did get messed so i think he is hero and zero like the ppl say

Sinbad

Honorary Master
i think evans though he did go mad and did make the ppl poor he did still do good in the start coz he did free his ppl like mandela did do its only coz he did become skellem and want to steal the money that the land did get messed so i think he is hero and zero like the ppl say
Recovered your account, I see