Router/Firewall with OpenVPN Support

RazorCPT

Hi guys,

I'm wanting to get a device (firewall/router) that I can configure with OpenVPN to route all traffic internet traffic through NordVPN.

I was looking at the USG but from what I have read online, it doesn't seem to handle OpenVPN speeds of higher than 40mbps.

Has anyone successfully set something like this up?

My Fibre is 100mbps so hoping to get a device that can handle this speed (or atleast close to it).

Thanks!

VicB

I have done this on my Netgear Nighthawk router, also with NordVPN - just note that Netgear doesn't provide support for an OpenVPN client specifically.

If you read up on the specs of these devices, most of them will tell you that they have VPN support, but that won't work. You specifically need VPN client support. I had to flash my router with dd-wrt firmware to get that functionality.

I suggest you go to the NordVPN website, they have a list of devices that can run a client on the router itself, and whether you need to flash custom firmware to it. That should be a good starting point.

https://support.nordvpn.com/Connectivity/Router/1087269942/Which-router-should-I-use-with-NordVPN.htm