Running Euro And US Together?

Y2K

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2006
Messages
259
Reaction score
0
Location
Durbs, SA
Hiya, I was just wondering if its possible to run both WoW Europe & US together & if so how can I go about doing it?

Would there be any conflicts in the installation directory if I try? :confused:

TIA!
 
Should be able to run them from separate directories. (Wow makes some registry changes when it starts up, but does not really use the settings as far as I can see).



You might even be able to run from the same installation by changing the realmlist.wtf

US verion is
set realmlist us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com
set patchlist us.version.worldofwarcraft.com


Not sure on the EU version, but replacing us with eu will probably work.
 
You can just change the realmlist.wtf file and all will work fine ;)
 
I run both and before i log I just run a script that changes my realmlist.wtf to the servers I want to login to.
 
Yep. Same here. Just edit the realmlist file from us.logon... to eu.logon... or vice versa, and you're set.
 
I started WoW on US servers but I don't really log there anymore.
However when a new patch arrives I change the file and log to get the patch downloader.
 
Yeah, another US convert. Didn't bother getting the EU media, just bought a key online and 'converted' my installation. My US account is inactive at the moment, but the day may come where some factors conspire to result in me ceasing play on EU(ya never know), so it's nice to have a backup plan.
 
Should be able to run them from separate directories. (Wow makes some registry changes when it starts up, but does not really use the settings as far as I can see).



You might even be able to run from the same installation by changing the realmlist.wtf

US verion is
set realmlist us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com
set patchlist us.version.worldofwarcraft.com


Not sure on the EU version, but replacing us with eu will probably work.

Hiya, I tried that & it works. I wasn't sure if it would work. I was under the impression that some of the core files were different & the patching system too. :o

Thanks to everyone for their help!
 
Last edited:
just out of interest... why would you guys be running dual version?
Playing toons on either side?
I would never have the time for a toon on US and EU...

I've just come back from Canada where I used to run the US version, I might be going back soon, once I sort out my job.

I just thought it would be nice to be able to run both. At the moment I cant decide which server I like best. :(
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X