[S] Bell Cordless Phones

Item name (be very descriptive): Bell Cordless Phones. 1 x Single unit, 1 x Double
Age and condition: Used but in good condition. Approx 2 years old
Do you include packaging: No
Warranty: None
Reason for selling: Telkom moved us to the that crappy FLLA, no need or use for traditional phones anymore
Price: Single unit: R250. Double unit: R500
Negotiable: Possibly

Single Unit is like this, but with a white base and not blue: https://www.incredible.co.za/bell-air-01-colors-dect-c-less-phone
Double Unit is this one: https://www.incredible.co.za/bell-a...ection&refSrc=23634&nosto=nosto-page-product1

Smokey888

Item name (be very descriptive): Bell Cordless Phones. 1 x Single unit, 1 x Double
Age and condition: Used but in good condition. Approx 2 years old
Do you include packaging: No
Warranty: None
Reason for selling: Telkom moved us to the that crappy FLLA, no need or use for traditional phones anymore
Price: Single unit: R250. Double unit: R500
Negotiable: Possibly

Single Unit is like this, but with a white base and not blue: https://www.incredible.co.za/bell-air-01-colors-dect-c-less-phone
Double Unit is this one: https://www.incredible.co.za/bell-a...ection&refSrc=23634&nosto=nosto-page-product1
The 90's called - They want their landline back :laugh:

The 90's called - They want their landline back :laugh:
Lol... Elderly people in the house. Bit difficult to change their mindset, FLLA is driving them nuts also, not appropriate for their conditions but Telkom doesn't give a f...

Telkom doesn't care that two of them are not mobile and need their own handsets close to them, issued a single device for the house and can't get a second.

Nonetheless, there's still people that use fixed lines so perhaps they can use these handsets :)

FLLA is technically cordless, but a single device. Let me try to explain better.

There are several elderly people in the same home. Two of them are mobility impaired, which means it is difficult for them to walk, or even get up without help. One these two has very limited strength in the hands, cannot hold a full glass of water

They have a Telkom number. They each will make and receive several calls a day. Telkom randomly pitched up and changed the traditional fixed line of which there were two cordless phones attached, to a FLLA device.

So with this FLLA device, the mobility impaired cannot move around quick enough to answer the phone if it is not close by, and the person with limited strength in the hand cannot lift the device. It is practically impossible for them to get the charger cable into the port without help as well.

I won't go into detail about teaching them to use and charge the FLLA, it's not their fault that they are from an earlier time.

Hope it makes sense now?

/rant
Telkom.is not our best friend at the moment. If you're curious, I have logged several complaints and moaned on every social media platform, but they simply do not care about the impact of changes on individuals with special needs.
/rant

ZSAYED

FLLA is technically cordless, but a single device. Let me try to explain better.

There are several elderly people in the same home. Two of them are mobility impaired, which means it is difficult for them to walk, or even get up without help. One these two has very limited strength in the hands, cannot hold a full glass of water

They have a Telkom number. They each will make and receive several calls a day. Telkom randomly pitched up and changed the traditional fixed line of which there were two cordless phones attached, to a FLLA device.

So with this FLLA device, the mobility impaired cannot move around quick enough to answer the phone if it is not close by, and the person with limited strength in the hand cannot lift the device. It is practically impossible for them to get the charger cable into the port without help as well.

I won't go into detail about teaching them to use and charge the FLLA, it's not their fault that they are from an earlier time.

Hope it makes sense now?

/rant
Telkom.is not our best friend at the moment. If you're curious, I have logged several complaints and moaned on every social media platform, but they simply do not care about the impact of changes on individuals with special needs.
/rant
love the rant but same applies to city power , city of Joburg, joburg water all the same krap

shakes1

Expert Member
Oh well... I'll still continue fighting them in the hope that someone with a heart in a decision making position actually understands...