SA Computer Buyer magazine - 1990s

koffiejunkie

Executive Member
Hi folks,

I 1995, SA Computer Magazine had a Mac OS and Linux column every month. The Linux column, if I remember correctly (and there's every I'm not), was written by a dude that looked a bit like a pale version of Prince on the thumbnail at the top of the page.

Does anyone one have old copies of this magazine lying around? I would be grateful for a scan of a few of these columns.

Thanks!

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
Thread necro.

I'd also be very interested in some of the first issues. I remember I used to have a stack of them at home years ago.

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
A very long shot, but use the Internet Archive to look for past issues. Unfortunately these are for overseas magazines only, but you may strike it lucky.

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
Thanks, I'm going to give it a shot.
Download the magazines in PDF format, will be larger, but worth it, as conversion to text usually doesn't work, and you can't get the context of an article as there's sometimes an advert or two inserted into said article...

Use a download manager rather. ;)

Wasted 3x 300Mb of data due to firefox bombing out just at the end before opening the PDF file... :eek:

koffiejunkie

Executive Member
I was hoping someone would have a pile of them in a cupboard somewhere that I could swing by and relieve you of :)

Too late though, I was in ZA over the holidays but I'm back on the other side of the world now.

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
I believe they were called SACM later on, did a search on Wayback Machine and got some stuff, but it's not the same as the actual magazine.