SA falls deeper into junk status

Norrad

Expert Member
But the Rand just keeps on ticking... Lost a small fortune converting my pay this week :crying:

cr@zydude

Executive Member
Mozambique showing us the way.

Zambia is currently in a default, but the big difference is that they have foreign currency denominated bonds. SA mainly issues bonds in rand, so a default would be stupid. SA hasn't done that since 1985, though back then it was called a "unilateral payment freeze".

Eric

Honorary Master
Zambia is currently in a default, but the big difference is that they have foreign currency denominated bonds. SA mainly issues bonds in rand, so a default would be stupid. SA hasn't done that since 1985, though back then it was called a "unilateral payment freeze".
Was thinking more this

Interested to see a new, post-covid table:

Vorastra

Expert Member
@thechamp how do we keep winning?

I know, this is WMC keeping Africans down again.

Viva ANC. Save us from them.

Acid0

Expert Member
What is lower than rock bottom...... the ANC headquarters(and yes I can blame them as they are the ones responsible for this) thats is what you will find if you keep digging.

Will we hear that there is no problem, that its apartheids fault, or even Jan who brought currency to this country?

I was one of those that believed things will get better(Yeah I know stupid right) but I am re-thinking that perspective

Shadowchaser1

Left SA 2003. Really? Is there any positive news from South Africa? The rating is going to drop in March again, after the budget speech in Feb21. Mark my words. It happened this year and last year. There is just no recovery possible for the next 10 years and is a conservative prediction.

Temujin

Honorary Master

SoldierMan

Expert Member
What is lower than rock bottom...... the ANC headquarters(and yes I can blame them as they are the ones responsible for this) thats is what you will find if you keep digging.

Will we hear that there is no problem, that its apartheids fault, or even Jan who brought currency to this country?

I was one of those that believed things will get better(Yeah I know stupid right) but I am re-thinking that perspective

Haha I was one of those for many many years. Give the ANC a chance, they just need some time.

Yeah well clearly that is not the case, corruption and incompetence is rife and it seems that that trend will continue.

Swa

Honorary Master
Left SA 2003. Really? Is there any positive news from South Africa? The rating is going to drop in March again, after the budget speech in Feb21. Mark my words. It happened this year and last year. There is just no recovery possible for the next 10 years and is a conservative prediction.
There's no recovery possible under ANC. But their supporters will keep on believing it's the West's fault.