SA Politics Thread Part 10 : The GNU Has Crashed

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I don't think that there is a mechanism to have a vote of no confidence in a single minister, SA does allow for a vote of no confidence in the cabinet, excluding the president. The president would then need to select new ministers.
Yes, section 102.1.
 

Pain will arrive for cadres and small bitter boys on the 29th.
These court things are as clear as mud to the layman.

Hopefully we get a clear answer soon after they publically rebuke the out of court option. I swear, if they do some backroom deal and claim victory, then I'm sorry, the DA are too stupid for me. I'll either need to stop voting as who is left (FF+ are siding with ANC kicking out DA in local councils) and I'm tired of voting for perople to just get ontpo the gravy train and then we rinse and repeat the process?

I wish nobody voted as a sign that we hate these freeloader politicians spending our money like they are royalty.
 
These court things are as clear as mud to the layman.

Hopefully we get a clear answer soon after they publically rebuke the out of court option. I swear, if they do some backroom deal and claim victory, then I'm sorry, the DA are too stupid for me. I'll either need to stop voting as who is left (FF+ are siding with ANC kicking out DA in local councils) and I'm tired of voting for perople to just get ontpo the gravy train and then we rinse and repeat the process?

I wish nobody voted as a sign that we hate these freeloader politicians spending our money like they are royalty.
Until there's an official settlement, the court ruling is still on for the 29th. So if we don't hear any official announcements about such a settlement before the 29th, we're good.

I doubt the DA would budge here, this is the perfect opportunity to moer the ANC and their small boys.
 
Until there's an official settlement, the court ruling is still on for the 29th. So if we don't hear any official announcements about such a settlement before the 29th, we're good.

I doubt the DA would budge here, this is the perfect opportunity to moer the ANC and their small boys.
I will lose my **** if they cop out before behind close doors. Then I know the DA are too stupid to keep voting for.

Damn I wish I was Elon rich. I'll be the first rich person that will use their resources for the greater good. When I'm done, leccy will be free, all dodgy corrupt (even okes polluting riveras) kunts are behind bars only because I had more money that them.

Shame on that other shuttleworth and all the old money okes.
 
How much more must they simplify? The statement was crystal clear?
What statement? I make a concerted effort not to tune in to any political grandstanding.

They should cater to people like me and give a the dl/dr version without even asking, without twitter, without sms, just body language will suffice and maybe a giant billboard giving the run down as simple as keep left pass right.
 
Somehow their statement didn’t make it to my ears.
It's in the tweet in the post I made a while ago, in the WhatsApp screenshots in the tweet....

There have been important legal developments on the VAT matter, that required the Democratic Alliance to file a supplementary affidavit with the Western Cape High Court late last night.
The supplementary affidavit is necessary because, despite the developments of the past week, the VAT increase will still come into effect on 1 May, unless the court specifically issues an order to prevent this.
The Fiscal Framework — including the VAT increase — was adopted by the Finance Portfolio Committee on 1 April and then by Parliament on 2 April. Therefore, only a court order can now stop the VAT increase from coming into force on 1 May.
Following the DA’s bid to interdict the VAT increase, heard in the Western Cape High Court on 22 April, the Minister backed down, issuing a press statement to this effect. He also gazetted his intention to introduce a new Bill to Parliament, revising the Fiscal Framework (without the VAT increase). However, this is not enough to prevent a VAT increase coming into effect on 1 May, because the new Bill will not yet have been adopted by Parliament.
The court must specifically issue an order to stop the VAT increase, on the basis that the Fiscal Framework was unlawfully adopted in the both the Finance Portfolio Committee and Parliament itself.
This is what the DA’s supplementary affidavit seeks from the Court. The respondents (the Minister and the Speaker) must file their replying affidavits today.
We therefore await the Court’s ruling in this matter.
 
It's in the tweet in the post I made a while ago, in the WhatsApp screenshots in the tweet....

Still clear as mud. No idea what is actually happening in court.

This is a perfect example of them talking too much. They can just keep quiet until the 29th when we can all hear in plain english what they went in with and what they came out with.
 
With all the BS flying around me wonders what tricks the cadres are up to behind the scenes.
Trying to push another racist law in?
Stealing? Well that's a given.
 
With all the BS flying around me wonders what tricks the cadres are up to behind the scenes.
Trying to push another racist law in?
Stealing? Well that's a given.
The DA should grow some balls and give the pres a bitchslap when he tries to sign new laws concocted up before GNU. Nothing stopping him from not signing them if DA walks.

Such weak sauce from DA morons (they have to be if they let these things happen right under their nose).

Is OHM still arround? They want rules like Switzerland.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X