SA Politics Thread Part 10 : The GNU Has Crashed

Status
Not open for further replies.
The DA did vote for Panyaza so I guess we owe them a favour, but Zille is just too much for us, replace her with Msimanga and we might consider.
I don't think DA will consider blacks for mayors anytime soon. Coz you know they are just following 142 racist laws of the SA constitution.
 
Unless there are major reforms — in the right direction. Unemployment is not going to tend downwards for a very long time.

Certainly no where near what we have here in the UK at 4%.

At best I think maybe… 35%? In 10-15 years time.

Edit: To add, 4% GDP growth is a pipe dream. That will never happen in SA.

4% GDP growth is entirely possible in SA (and even much higher than that), but major major reforms are needed and policy stability and certainty.

So while we have the NewNP/GLM anywhere near the levers of policy making, its not going to happen.
 
4% GDP growth is entirely possible in SA (and even much higher than that), but major major reforms are needed and policy stability and certainty.

So while we have the NewNP/GLM anywhere near the levers of policy making, its not going to happen.

It would take major reforms — including the death of BBEE. I don’t see that happen as long as ANC are in government.
 
It would take major reforms — including the death of BBEE. I don’t see that happen as long as ANC are in government.

I'd say 95% agree.

I do think some type of BBBEE is not necessarily a bad thing, but it mustn't be a gatekeeper it must be an enabler. It is a complete mindshift from the way our government currently works.
 
I'd say 95% agree.

I do think some type of BBBEE is not necessarily a bad thing, but it mustn't be a gatekeeper it must be an enabler. It is a complete mindshift from the way our government currently works.

I tend to agree. In its most simplest terms I would say: if two candidates are equal in qualifications and experience then the less disadvantage one should get the opportunity.

That’s probably too simplistic for a complex issue. But along those lines.
 
Unless there are major reforms — in the right direction. Unemployment is not going to tend downwards for a very long time.

Certainly no where near what we have here in the UK at 4%.

At best I think maybe… 35%? In 10-15 years time.

Edit: To add, 4% GDP growth is a pipe dream. That will never happen in SA.

I think that we averaged over 4% GDP growth in SA from 1997 to 2007.
 
I don't think DA will consider blacks for mayors anytime soon. Coz you know they are just following 142 racist laws of the SA constitution.

shots-pouringadrink.gif
 
I tend to agree. In its most simplest terms I would say: if two candidates are equal in qualifications and experience then the less disadvantage one should get the opportunity.

That’s probably too simplistic for a complex issue. But along those lines.

I'd be playing the incentive game...

If you are doing some type of "BBBEE" (in whatever form that is, be it training/infrastructure/shareholding) then there are possibly tax incentives on offer or some type of incentive of some form, that isn't a gatekeeping or middleman type of cost increase.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X