SABC censored Sona broadcast, eNCA signal jammed

Daruk

Honorary Master
Paranoia at it's peak - when the ANC is so arrogant as to think that the SONA is so important to the nation, that controlling what's being reported is necessary.
I think you overestimate the value of these things, ANC.
Besides, we saw the whole thing, and now this makes you smell more like a turd than before. Nothing gained.

Utterly Confused

I refuse to watch any news that emanates from the SABC because it’s the propaganda mouthpiece of the ruling cANCer party, sensor ship, sensor ship and more sensor ship. To me that’s not news. It’s BRAIN WASHING! We are meant to be adults in this country, not a bunch of kids! :wtf:

genetic

Honorary Master
I refuse to watch any news that emanates from the SABC because it’s the propaganda mouthpiece of the ruling cANCer party, sensor ship, sensor ship and more sensor ship. To me that’s not news. It’s BRAIN WASHING! We are meant to be adults in this country, not a bunch of kids! :wtf:
A bit over the top.

diephoenix08

And the funniest thing is that the ANC is so incompetent, they could not even do a 100% media blackout

ellyally

Expert Member
So, this is how I think ANC had planned everything to go down... which failed before it even started. Block mobile signals so no vids/audio/pics can be uploaded. When it hits the fan, cut all broadcast feeds. Lock down parliament, confiscate all phones/tablets/cameras etc so no video can get out of them using saps/sandf beating non anc members... I'd even say, if the jamming had worked, it may have ended in a blood bath with certain political members/leaders being shot and killed and it would have been played out that they were armed and intended to harm the president. No film would exist to verify what really went down.
*takes tinfoil hat off*

Thor

Honorary Master
So, this is how I think ANC had planned everything to go down... which failed before it even started. Block mobile signals so no vids/audio/pics can be uploaded. When it hits the fan, cut all broadcast feeds. Lock down parliament, confiscate all phones/tablets/cameras etc so no video can get out of them using saps/sandf beating non anc members... I'd even say, if the jamming had worked, it may have ended in a blood bath with certain political members/leaders being shot and killed and it would have been played out that they were armed and intended to harm the president. No film would exist to verify what really went down.
*takes tinfoil hat off*
I sort of agree here

Sinbad

Honorary Master
I think all that echo and feedback on the sabc broadcast was the result of someone trying to introduce a delay, so that the transmission could be cut between something happening and it being broadcast

Daruk

Honorary Master
I think all that echo and feedback on the sabc broadcast was the result of someone trying to introduce a delay, so that the transmission could be cut between something happening and it being broadcast
Agree with this

Utterly Confused

Funny I was thinking the same thing. Or JaZee wanted to hear the sound of his own voice. :D

bekdik

Honorary Master
*takes tinfoil hat off*
Except that a cellphone can record a video without being online, so the recordings could have been made and the transmitted once the connection was restored.

bekdik

Honorary Master
I suggest you try listening to SAFM on a Sunday morning from 08:30

Both Ashraf Garda and Elvis Preslin have guests speaking against SABC and ANC. Today they weren't too taken with whiteshirts and jammers.

CeeBee

Expert Member
And the funniest thing is that the ANC is so incompetent, they could not even do a 100% media blackout
this, ...they are such fn idiots.... the videos of the hard handied removals of the eff, are available freely on the web, taken by some of the journos sitting in the gallery.
it boggles the mind, how the anc can be so ignorant (read stupid) to think, if they block videos on SABC, that it will not be seen.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
The word is censorship. Not a ship that has sensors, aka sensor ship.

And yes, censorship is bad. The ANC going more apartheid government mentality every day.