SABC dysfunctional, says communications minister: report

SilverCode

“Whatever the intervention is, it must recognise that the SABC is a public broadcaster and must act independently from government. We need a balanced approach to deal with this problem. We want an SABC that performs on its mandate — this task is urgent ,” she said.
With an attitude like that, she isn't going to last in her position too long. Unless she is just paying lip service to the public while following her masters plans.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Of course she is paying lip service....

She knows where her bread is buttered, otherwise she would not have been placed in that position.

Rinkhals

With an attitude like that, she isn't going to last in her position too long. Unless she is just paying lip service to the public while following her masters plans.

Frankly, I'm pleasantly surprised.

If it's just lip service, then the fact that she feels that lip service is required is a novel notion for a DoC head. From as far back as Poison Ivy to the recent Dinah Pule, the DoC ministers have felt no requirement to justify their actions, nor to make any attempt to give the impression that they are accountable in any way for the functioning of their department.

kripstoe

Expert Member
Why am I then required to pay an annual fee to a dysfunctional organization, Minister Faith Muthambi ?

Rinkhals

Frankly, I'm pleasantly surprised.

If it's just lip service, then the fact that she feels that lip service is required is a novel notion for a DoC head. From as far back as Poison Ivy to the recent Dinah Pule, the DoC ministers have felt no requirement to justify their actions, nor to make any attempt to give the impression that they are accountable in any way for the functioning of their department.

For her to suggest that the SABC is dysfunctional and then to appoint the person that falsified his qualifications to lead that company suggests that she doesn't know what 'dysfunctional' means.

Perhaps she thought it was a synonym for 'functioning'?

MickeyD

RIP
For her to suggest that the SABC is dysfunctional and then to appoint the person that falsified his qualifications to lead that company suggests that she doesn't know what 'dysfunctional' means.

Ja, dis funkshining just fine.

Total madness, first berating them and then making the COO appointment. :wtf:

Sinbad

Honorary Master

Dis functional, man!

koeksGHT

Dealer
Not dysfunctional at all. They are doing exactly what they want, corruption etc.