Samsung A Or Series

silkman

Expert Member
I need an upgrade on my old Xperia Z5 phone. Was looking at Samsung. I know the A series is a midrange spec phone and S series are top of the range. Is it better to buy a new A series older model S series. Budget around R7500
Thanks

Last edited:

ReeceDBN031

Expert Member
have you considered Huawei...?

P30 lite
maybe even a P20 or even P20 pro...

silkman

Expert Member
Thanks guys
Haven't considered Huawei merely for the fear that Google apps may be discontinued on the devices later for whatever reason

ReeceDBN031

Expert Member
Thanks guys
Haven't considered Huawei merely for the fear that Google apps may be discontinued on the devices later for whatever reason
they cannot pull google if it was made prior to that event IF it actually where to happen...

AntennaMan

Expert Member
I need an upgrade on my old Xperia Z5 phone. Was looking at Samsung. I know the A series is a midrange spec phone and S series are top of the range. Is it better to buy a new A series older model S series. Budget around R7500
Thanks
My wife bought the dual sim A51 on Takealot. Very impressed by the device, especially considering the price. If you don't need (or want) the absolute newest and best, then consider this phone.

silkman

Expert Member
thanks. Hows the battery life? Is the phone a bit sluggish?

Last edited:

mr_norris

Expert Member
If you want updates for two years and a stock Android experience with an OK build quality (happy with my old Nokia 7 Plus), consider one of these:

* Nokia 7.2
* Nokia 6.2

In both cases you save a bit of dosh. The 7.2 has the same chipset as mine, and I can't say I have any complaints when it comes to performance. I don't game on my phone though.

silkman

Expert Member
If you want updates for two years and a stock Android experience with an OK build quality (happy with my old Nokia 7 Plus), consider one of these:

* Nokia 7.2
* Nokia 6.2

In both cases you save a bit of dosh. The 7.2 has the same chipset as mine, and I can't say I have any complaints when it comes to performance. I don't game on my phone though.
don't really like Nokia bro- thanks

Naks

Expert Member
My wife bought the dual sim A51 on Takealot. Very impressed by the device, especially considering the price. If you don't need (or want) the absolute newest and best, then consider this phone.
Does the A51 have a separate SD card slot even with two SIM cards installed?