Samsung Bixby irritation

Piet Le Roux

My Sony XZ was still working faultlessly but I had to upgrade and the XZ2 Sony was not available from my cellphone provider and with the Trump Huawei problem I decided to go for a Samsung S9. I was warned about the Bixby issues but was under the impression it could be disabled....but with the latest update that's not possible! It's a great phone with excellent display, sound and performance.... why would Samsung force something on their clients that the majority don't like?!

Thor

Honorary Master
Bixby is the most useless AI, it's close between her and Cortana

corwill

My Sony XZ was still working faultlessly but I had to upgrade and the XZ2 Sony was not available from my cellphone provider and with the Trump Huawei problem I decided to go for a Samsung S9. I was warned about the Bixby issues but was under the impression it could be disabled....but with the latest update that's not possible! It's a great phone with excellent display, sound and performance.... why would Samsung force something on their clients that the majority don't like?!

Why do yo want to disable Bixby button ?
Just remap the Bixby button ( no root ) .
I have a Note 9 and I have never used Bixby on my Note 9 .
( So it's never been an issue or irritation for me )
I have remap the Bixby buttons to do something else .

Take a look at some of the Bixby remappers you can use ( Google Play Store )
I use the bxAction Pro app.

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=bxactions&c=apps

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jamworks.bxactions

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jamworks.bxactions.pro

Good luck .

Piet Le Roux

With the latest firmware you can assign a app to the button for a one or two press, I assigned Google to a one press that means that Bixby will still appear with a double or long press. There are a few apps that will
remap the button but Samsung had circumvent them in the latest firmware, so they are aware of the need to disable the button but instead of helping they do this!

Last edited:

corwill

With the latest firmware you can assign a app to the button for a one or two press, I assigned Google to a one press that means that Bixby will still appear with a double or long press. There are a few apps that will
remap the button but Samsung had circumvent them in the latest firmware, so they are aware of the need to disable the button but instead of helping they do this!
Firstly, are you using any button remapper app ?
If yes , I'm sure the dev of that app, should eventually find a solution /work around?

Samsung has been trying this "stunt" and others, (you mention above,) with Bixby button, ever since Bixby existence.
On my old Note 8 and on my Note 9, Samsung has tried to block users from remapping, with Firmware updates etc .
In my case the dev of the app i use "bxActions" afterwards, eventually circumvented the new attempts to block users from remapping
Bixby with the use of ADB commands etc.
For me Bixby has never "existed "as i always had alternative options to
remap.
Good luck