Samsung PS50C430 firmware update

SLi-Man

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to update the firmware on this TV?
I have downloaded the latest firmware from the Samsung site but I am unable to find the option on my TV to update the firmware.

Thanks! :)

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
Pretty sure it's in media player... From what I know the option for firmware update will be there.

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
What are the benefits of updating firmware? Menu tweaks for more picture options etc. ?

tsume

The Pervy Sage
The option comes up when you plug in the usb device.

@PostmanPot. My Samsung use to bring up the USB menu (asking if I want to go into the media player) every time I plugged in a USB device or switched on the TV and left a USB device plugged in. After the update I noticed now it only asks me when I plug in a USB device, no longer when I switch it on. Maybe there where also some other updates I didn't notice.

Juggy

Executive Member
Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to update the firmware on this TV?
I have downloaded the latest firmware from the Samsung site but I am unable to find the option on my TV to update the firmware.

Thanks! :)

Where did you get it from?

SLi-Man

Pretty sure it's in media player... From what I know the option for firmware update will be there.

When I go into media player the only options I have is Photo, Music and Setup. Under Setup I am only able to set the time a picture displays or to repeat songs. Any suggestions?

SLi-Man

I can't get mine to update either. I have the same set.

Are you able to access a software update screen? I don't see the option anywhere.
Are you able to play movies over usb on your set?

Juggy

Executive Member
Are you able to access a software update screen? I don't see the option anywhere.
Are you able to play movies over usb on your set?

No and no, I have no idea how to make this work.

Juggy

Executive Member
Here's the service menu

Put the TV into standby
Press the {INFO} {MENU} {MUTE} {POWER} buttons on the remote within 3 seconds (in that order; one-by-one)
Use the {POWER} button to exit the Service Menu.