Samsung S10 (Dual sim functionality blocked by local SA networks) - Solution to unlock second sim

AshG108

Hi guys,

First post from me here, some very interesting topics and great insights on this forum.

I would like to know if anyone has experienced the above, whereby the Samsung S10 ( I would love to get one) has its dual sim functionality blocked by Vodacom. Now from some research across, I see MTN and Call C also do this however Telkom does not do this.

So I got my wife an S10e (perfect for her requirements) and she is loving the phone and the dual sim functionality is really great. I would like to upgrade but I cannot see myself doing this on Voda due to the dual sim block.

Did any find a work around for this by any chance?

TIA

marioat1

Expert Member
Hi guys,

First post from me here, some very interesting topics and great insights on this forum.

I would like to know if anyone has experienced the above, whereby the Samsung S10 ( I would love to get one) has its dual sim functionality blocked by Vodacom. Now from some research across, I see MTN and Call C also do this however Telkom does not do this.

So I got my wife an S10e (perfect for her requirements) and she is loving the phone and the dual sim functionality is really great. I would like to upgrade but I cannot see myself doing this on Voda due to the dual sim block.

Did any find a work around for this by any chance?

TIA
Don't take it from Vodacom or mtn as they supply the single sim Version. Second slot activation is possible but the necessary hardware negates the value of doing it on a single device.
Just go with telkom, roaming on vodascum soon nationally.