Samsung Smart Led TV & Netflix

Voodoo

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2005
Messages
841
Reaction score
55
I bought the UA40F5500 Smart LED TV and I am having a difficult time to get Netflix working.

I updated the firmware to the newest.
I setup Unotelly correctly.
I changed the region to USA.

When I go to Smarthub, Netflix, Pandora, Hulu and all the other apps are there. Pandora and Hulu work fine, but if I try to load Netflix, the screen stays black for a few seconds and then leaves Smarthub and goes back to my TV channel.

Any ideas from other owners of Samsung Smart TV or this model in particular who got Netflix working?
 
I'm having exactly the same problem on my PS51F5500 :mad: This combined with Hulu pushing out a crap update on the PS3 which causes the app not to respond to the media remote just tops off the festive season nicely!
 
Last edited:
Same issue here :( I have a samsung F6300. Had to put netflix on my xbox in the meantime!
 
Nope, had a read there and did not find any solution. Anyone with the same problem, please post here with your model as well.

A good test is to use a VPN and see if it loads that way, if so then you know it's not the TV but the DNS service with the issue?

Also if you use a VPN (UK) you may get a different firmware update for your TV. You may find its more up to date than the one available in this country.
I did this to fix a problem with the ITV player app on a Sammy Plasma. With the UK VPN, a UK firmware update became available and was applied to my TV. Once it was done, I ditched the VPN, and I don't let the TV update its firmware to the local version available.
 
A good test is to use a VPN and see if it loads that way, if so then you know it's not the TV but the DNS service with the issue?

Also if you use a VPN (UK) you may get a different firmware update for your TV. You may find its more up to date than the one available in this country.
I did this to fix a problem with the ITV player app on a Sammy Plasma. With the UK VPN, a UK firmware update became available and was applied to my TV. Once it was done, I ditched the VPN, and I don't let the TV update its firmware to the local version available.
I have not used a VPN before. Could you possibly help me to try this? Thanks in advance.
 
+1.
Just tested this from a samsung 51F5500 Plasma - does not work here either - although works just fine on my roku and other devices.
 
Hey man, nice TV! For the hell of it and to rule out unotelly please try with unlocator or tunlr. It's free for now.
 
Same problem on Samsung ua46f6800. Tried untotelly on the router and also directly on the TV, Hulu Plus works fine either way, Netflix tries to launch, shows a blank screen for a few seconds and then goes back to a TV channel. Tried Netflix from my iPAD with unotelly settings and its works fine.
Seems to be an issue with the Netflix app on the TV, I read somewhere that it could be something to do with the model UA, "UN (North American) models, UE (European) and UA (Asia/Australia) sets". Even though the region is set to USA maybe the firmware/model is conficting due to the UA.
Netflix is a core app once USA is selected as the region thus you cannot uninstall it.

May need a media player with netflix to overcome this.
 
So if you have a roku and subscribe to unotelly there's no need for VPN?

Router - roku - tv. So what's the WD thingy? There's an android app to control the roku so do you switch roku on, set up, pay unotelly and away you go?
 
Try putting be DNS servers directly into your TV's network settings instead of letting it point to the Router.
 
Try putting be DNS servers directly into your TV's network settings instead of letting it point to the Router.
Tried that. It seems that the app picks up the fact that the tv is not a us model and then just does not load. Damn Netflix. :twisted:
 
Let me go test mine quick.

*****

Seems quite happy. Just as slow as ever so I rather just switch on the Playstation.

It is an E550 though using Unlocator.
 
Last edited:
Let me go test mine quick.

*****

Seems quite happy. Just as slow as ever so I rather just switch on the Playstation.

It is an E550 though using Unlocator.
Is that an older model TV? Seems the new models are the ones that are having the problem.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X