Selling your iMac. What to expect.

macboer

What do you think one should be able to get for an imac these days. Starting at iMacs that are 2 years old.

Also, would it be wiser to sell it or to give it to relatives. What do you usually do, and how has it worked out for you?

Nokkie

Executive Member
The question is, will it actually sell?

(relatives sounds like a good option).

macboer

The question is, will it actually sell?

(relatives sounds like a good option).
Sort of yes. What would you pay (or expect) for a second hand iXXX ? (would you rather give(or sell at low price) to relative?)

PS. i know this has got more variables than a Mad-Scientist-Experiment.

koffiejunkie

Executive Member
Whenever I have this question, I go to ebay, search for the item in question, then click on "completed listings" - this give you a pretty good idea what it sells for.

That said, my mum is definitely getting my MBP when I get a new one.

Nokkie

Executive Member
I guess it depends on what your budget is, if you don't mind on selling it then give it away to a relative, I'm sure someone will def.. value the notebook (of course if it is still in working order) If in budget constrains then selling would be a better option. I'm reckoning at least R1999.00 but, not to sure...

Sort of yes. What would you pay (or expect) for a second hand iXXX ? (would you rather give(or sell at low price) to relative?)

PS. i know this has got more variables than a Mad-Scientist-Experiment.

Pooky

Garfield's Teddy
Whenever I have this question, I go to ebay, search for the item in question, then click on "completed listings" - this give you a pretty good idea what it sells for.

That said, my mum is definitely getting my MBP when I get a new one.
Often you can sell it for a bit more in SA though. If you want a quick sale I would reckon go in line with the eBay prices.

Nokkie

Executive Member
Why is SA so damn late with Ipad 2? by the time it reaches us, Apple inc would have launched a new Ipad 3 :(

Except Apple shoot people trying to sell second hand stuff by releasing new models every 6 months :D

Sensorei

Expert Member
I sold my iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 320GB HDD for R7500 about a month ago on gumtree. Not bad.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Why is SA so damn late with Ipad 2? by the time it reaches us, Apple inc would have launched a new Ipad 3 :(
Late? :confused:

It hasn't been released in any country outside of the US yet.